Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping...or lack there of......
sithie....I was diagnosed officially about 8 years ago. I use to manage it by running a lot. I would run about 6 miles 2-3 times a day...before work, during lunch, and after work and before supper. Then after I was diagnosed and I could no longer run the RSL became very bad. I find that the less activity that a person does, the worse it is. Mine was in my arms and abdomen and it varied in severity. Then I finally said something to my neurology and he diagnosed it as RLS. He put me on the Mirapex and wow, what I difference. I could sleep, I could relax at night and through out the day. This is the one medication I do not ever mess with... I hope you do not have RLS... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

admin Wrote:
tweety00 Wrote:hmmm Ok .. Admin wont even see it ... he is too busy .. just dont call the jpg. admin lol

Wrong answer. AQA, don't even THINK about it.....

You forgot to say PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE. LOL
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Sic 'em AQA!
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

And to think Sithie, all this started because you couldn't get any sleep. LOL
I hope you are doing better today.
Admin should be affraid, very afraid...... Of the redneck. ROTFLMAO
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

LOL, you guys are gonna be in trouble and I'm not gonna play cause then I'll be in the woodshed and unable to go out, LMAO Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

If its for a redneck, don't you mean "Pleeeez"?

I was diagnosed with RLS many years ago. At first they tried Neurontin and that did not work. I then got put on Ativan 1 mg. to take before bedtime as it is used to calm pts. down before surgeries and it has worked for me faithfully for many years. What i also like about it, is that the co-pay is only 10.00. I also take Soma with it to relax my muscles. With these two medications before bedtime, i can lay in bed and be asleep within 5 mins..LOL. I do not remember laying in bed very long before i fall asleep.

Before i was diagnosed with it, i use to toss n turn, try to keep my feet proped up on pillows, rub my legs with alcohol etc. Anything to get to sleep. I use to lay awake crying as i heard my husband snoring away. RLS is a type of seisure. If the doctor prescribes you with something like that, it should help you to relax and sleep. Also try drinking a warm cup of milk before bed, as it also helps you to sleep. Stay away from Caffine for many hours before bedtime.

I wish you luck, as i know how hard it is to sleep when i was having that problem for years before i actually knew what it was. Alot of the medications you see on TV for RLS are very expensive. That is why i take Ativan ( lorazepam) which is much cheaper and in generic form, that works great.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sithie ...... As I said in a prior post my husband has had it for years. Brought on by a medication he no longer takes. Usually it's under control. Since being released from thehopital on Friday he hasn't slept one night. Maybe 20 mintues here and there. His whole body is spasing through the night. We have taken turns on the couch. I think it's the inactivity for a week in the hospital and a combo of all the drugs they pumped in him for 7 days all clearing out. I feel really bad for him. All he wants to do is sleep a couple of hours. He tried to nap yesterday and nothing more than 20 minutes. My heart goes out to you. It can be controlled but he isn't having any luck right now. He tried mirapax and had horrible side effects. I did give him an ativan as sparkey suggested and it seemed to help. He has been prescribed ativan for nausea if the compazine doesn't work after Chemo.

CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleeping too much Manley2 10 3,840 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Sarra's sleeping jayne 7 2,972 03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Last Post: backache