Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOW What to do... HELP PLEASE!!!
Ok, quick explanation...

I just recently reached MMI and had my examination with my IME doctor (IS) an my doctor.

My IME doctor said that my arms are both at 7.5% loss and my doctor says that I have a less than mild permanent classification.

I was outraged when my doctor put less than mild since I still feel my arms despite having been out of work for two years and having them both operated on.

I went to my worker's comp hearing and my weekly payments have stopped. Another hearing is scheduled to determine if they are going to go with the classification or the scheduled loss.

I just had to quit my part time job doing nails because my arms are bothering me, and I feel like I need a cortisone shot.

Last week I sent my doctor a letter requesting a medical explanation as to why he would move me from moderate to marked, to mild to moderate to less than mild in a period of only 12 weeks since my condition has not changed.

So my question to you is, since my payments have stopped, since I wrote a letter to my doctor and since I now feel my arms flaring up again... Isn't this going to look like I am lying? The timing is terrible!!! I don't know what to do, but I think I made a mistake by having him lift some of my restrictions. Is it too late??? I swear on my life I am not lying about my condition. Please someone tell me what to do?

Why would you write to him asking him to lift your restrictions? If you are unsure of what is causing your injury, things could get worse and now asking to lift restrictions, sounds like your not as bad now. Just my own personal thinking. That is one thing you should never do. I would of just left it as it was until this whole mess cleared.

Where you looking to get a job that required less restrictions?
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

sparkey is rite,i know money can get tight but think about that ur doing to ur old injury and could reinjure it worse than what it was before.then ur out even longer and still have the fight to get it taken care of.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

I panicked because the doctor said that if it was a permanent restriction I didn't know how I would support myself. God knows I cannot make it on what Comp is giving me.

Now I'm not getting anything and I have to wait until the end of May to see if they are going to pay out or not.

So I have to find a job asap, but my arms are bothering me.

I don't know what to do anymore but the bills are piling up.

kitty i am so sorry your having to go through this. We are in the same boat here with no income. Do you have a church you could go to??? you can also try calling 211 United way to see if they have any options for you.
It is so sad this happens to us.
WC knows my hand is bad but I have not even mentioned my elbow is so severely painful and i can't do much with it. But I'm afraid to say anything about it for fear of what they will say next.
What was wrong with your arms orginally????

Kitty,

I am permanent impairment also. When i was put at MMI i told the doctor that i would have to give up my career and my husband had a spot doing odds and ends on a construction site in the office trailer. I took the offer which was luckily 8 dollars more than what i was making in my career. I told the doctor that i know my limitations and he said " good, then just use them while you are working, and do not overdo anything that would cause me more injury". It was left at that.

I have neuropathy in my dominant hand, and now i am having carpal tunnel pain in my left from compensating so much with the other. I also have recurring carpal in my dominant hand where the wrist is so swollen on the forearm wrist area and my fingers are literally purple all the time. I have nerve pain in my elbow also. I am a total mess. If it was not for the PM and them giving me medication to keep me comfortable till i can get help, i would be a hermit in bed everyday.

Look around and see, or think of what you could possibly do that would not be so much on your hand. I know it is hard, as i am in the same boat. I mostly have to just run to drop things off at fedex, get coffee for the construction workers, make luncheon appts. etc. I do have alot of pain doing it still, but it is better than me sitting around waiting on workers comp. to settle, or fix me. We all know how long that could be. I was a waiting room monitor at my other job when they had me on light duty. Just watching how long patients waited for the doctor, and before i was injured i was a phlebotomist /specimen processor.

I wish you luck in finding some sort of income till you hear what will happen next. WC will most likely have you in vocational rehab anyways to find you work. So i would look around NOW if i were you.

Never say you are well when and if you are not. That is only making yourself suffer even more and less chances of getting helped at their cost and NOT yours. Next thing you know, you will be having your health insurance paying for your injury. I wish you luck in whatever you find, and do not give up hope. I always have to keep in the back of my mind, that there is people that are alot worse off than me, and have terminal illnesses and i am so thankful i am still on this earth, even though my limits are alot more now. That is what gets me through the days.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%