Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial Dicectomy to a full discectomy with severe nerve damage, and maybe a fusion
Hi Everyone. I hope you are all having a great pain free weekend! I had posted a few threads earlier this week and it seems a lot of you were or are in the same boat as me. And, most had the same question for me.

When I saw the doc he was supposed to do a partial dicectomy. This was just supposed to eleveate the pressure on the nerve and give me use of my bladder again (it would have been nice to urinate in the toilet rather then on myself. When the doc was in there he had to do a full disectomy and saw severe nerve damage. I find our Thursday if I have to have a fusion. When I say I am in worse pain now , I mean the pain funning down the back of my leg is horrible. I cant move at all without the risk of a sharp nerve pain. I am taking my pain meds but cant eat or sleep (I have not slept in 3 days).

I did get a lawyer 4 weeks into this entire mess because my employer filed my papers 14 days late. No one wants to discuss that though. The lawyer said that the insuraance companies lawyer sent a letter to him saying they no longer wished to go to court and agree that I did get hurt when I said I did. This was 3 months of doctor appts and an appt with their doctor who sided with me.

Soooooo what comes next? I dont know!

Well, kjb,

Good luck and many prayers for you on your MD appmnt Thursday!
I hope they are able to fix you up! Let us know how you come out.
Take care, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Ask the doctor for some meds specifically for nerve pain. Neurotin, Lyrica or Gabitril.

i just had a discectomy and the same day had pain still in my hip and it has elevated to my left leg where the severe pain had been before the surgery.the pain is not as bad but is still enough to intefere with my daily activities and rest. Thanks to the post of sfiffnecked i asked for some nerve medication and they gave me lyrica! Hopefully it will help. Thanks Stiffnecked!

Good Luck!
l5-s1 discectomy with pain in the butt immediately after surgery, 03/26/08 constant pain in leg,and hip, global spinal fusion 10/06/08, now leg and hip pain, butt bone, low back, upper back, pain (state of georgia)

I'm not Sure when Your Surgery was, but You can Read My Injuries in My Signature, My Condition left Me with a Crushed S1 Nerve Root that is now Encased in Scar Tissue. It takes Time for a Nerve to Heal, I believe the Rule of thumb is one inch per Month. If this Pain continues, it could Possibly be that Your Nerve is still Compressed, or You may have a Scar Tissue Issue also. An MRI with/without Contrast will show if it's Scar Tissue. My Best to You, and I Hope You Heal Completely!!Wink

kjbckpn Wrote:I did get a lawyer 4 weeks into this entire mess because my employer filed my papers 14 days late. No one wants to discuss that though. The lawyer said that the insuraance companies lawyer sent a letter to him saying they no longer wished to go to court and agree that I did get hurt when I said I did. This was 3 months of doctor appts and an appt with their doctor who sided with me.

Soooooo what comes next? I dont know!

I would love to know what happens with not filing 14 days .. Im guessing you was taken off work and they didnt file it then ..
Any insite could make me happy lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 2,485 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  severe ankle injury doc2715@msn.com 1 1,814 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 2,512 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Partial Permanent Disability W/CPTclaim 1 4,672 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
  NC - "Partial Clincher" for indemnity, open medical HeyNowNC 3 3,437 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 4,233 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 6,859 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 27,793 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  Help translating permanent partial disability rating into $settlement mashkey 1 8,807 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM
  how to ask for a partial advancement needing advice 1 2,786 07-14-2015, 01:11 AM