Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you tell me?
Hi!
I am out on workman's comp due to a fall that cause me to tear a muscle in my arm. My question is when the docotr's says I can go back to work do I have to go back to my old job? I have found a new job to go to when I am released by the doctor and do not want to go back to my old job. Just looking for advise.
Thanks!
Kathy

You are free to work for any employer; your claim against the original employer remains.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You can trust 1171, as she knows her stuff. Take the job that will make you the happiest and that will do the least amount of damage to your injury.

Best of luck.

I had to leave my career of 15yrs. for something different as I could no longer hold a needle or open a alcohol wipe. It is okay to leave your old job for a new one as long as it is within the doctors restrictions.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Thanks! I am really mad at my employer that I am currently out on workmans comp on. A new place is opening that I really want to work at and I just want to make sure that I don't owe them anything. It is there carelessness that put me in this position. Someone said that I have to go back and my repsonse was why? When the doctor ok's me to go back to work it won't be there. Thanks for your help!