Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to the forum
I don't even know where to begin...I live in Florida and got hurt at work back in 05. I haven't been able to work since. I have had two discectomies at L4,5 and was suppose to of had a fusion last week, but the doctor cancelled it due to what can only be described as negligence on his and his nurse part. I have had nothing but problems with the wc system from the get go. They tried to deny my claim which caused me to have to retain a lawyer (who I'm not convinced is truly my advocate). The wc lawyer has denied everything I have requested from the beginning. Yet he sends correspondence that twist everything to make them sound like saints and make me out to be a horrible person. I'm so over it that I can't take much more. I am at the end of my rope!
I have so many questions but don't know who to talk to about them. Numerous times, the wc lawyer and/or the wc nurse case manager have told me that they were going to discontinue the "2/3 of my wage benefits" (whatever that is called). I know that every state is different, but I would like to know if they can just stop my benefits at will.

They can't just "stop your benefits at will". If you could give a little more info, it would help. You said they tried to deny your claim. Has it now been accepted? What status does the doctor have you on now? Is it no work, light work, etc. Have you been off work the entire time? Florida has a 104 week (2 year) limit on temporary benefits so if you've received that, those benefits end. At that time the doctor should give an impairment rating. Need more info to answer more fully.

Benefits can stop if you don't meet the eligibilty qualifications.
You can get basic information on florida's work comp rules here
http://www.fldfs.com/WC/info.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Big Grin 
Thanks for your responces. I'll try to remember all the questions so I can give you a more clear picture. Of course my memory is shot, but I will do my best, and I appreciate the interest. I guess my claim must have been accepted because they have approved and paid for two surgeries. I have exhausted my 104 weeks time frame. I have not worked since my fall, and am on total temporary disability, with no duty. I don't have an impairment rating because I still have a surgery pending. I hope I answered all the questions clearly. While I was responding, I kept having to go back and forth between the messagesBig Grin