Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RADIOFREQUENCY LESIONING????
HI GUYS AND GALS,SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE SO LONG,I HAVE BEEN READING POSTS JUST NOT REPLYING.HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK....SO HERE'S MY QUESTION,MY PAIN DOC WANTS ME TO TRY RADIOFREQUENCY LESIONING FOR PAIN RELEIF,IN CASE YOU DON'T REMEMBER,I HAD A LOWER BACK INJURY ON 4/06 AND AM STILL DEALING WITH THE I/C BS...ANYBODY EVER HAD THIS DONE AND WHAT KIND OF RELIEF DID YOU GET???THANKS AHEAD OF TIME AND HOPE EVERYONE HAS A PAIN FREE DAY!!!!!! P.S. IS JANE STILL THE SAME AS EVER,IS STILL IN LIMBO OK WITH THE CHAIR,LILLY?AND THE REST OF YOU ,LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ALL ARE DOING!!!!I SEE WE HAVE ALOT OF NEW PEOPLE ALSO,I HOPE YOU ARE ALL GETTING YOUR ANSWERS THAT YOU NEED...LATER!!!!!

Hi TRUCKSTER, It's Great to Hear from You!! I'm Sorry I never had that Procedure, and My PM Dr. has Never Mentioned it to Me, it May not be something that would Work for Me! If You go to Google, and just Type the Words as You have them Here, You should be able to Find Many Sites Pertaining to this Procedure! I Hope You are Well, I'm getting by, My Pain is as Controlled as they can get it, I guess I'm Living at a 7 on the Pain Scale Daily, and My Flare-Ups take Me to a 10 at Times, Thank God they don't happen as much as they did before! My Best to You, and I Hope You find the Answers You Need, and don't be such a Stranger!!Wink

HI LIMBO,IT'S GOOD TO HERE FROM YOU ALSO,I HOPE YOU ARE AT LEAST LEARNING TO COPE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH,I'M SURE IT'S NOT EASY...NOW THAT YOUV'E HAD YOUR CHAIR FOR AWHILE,HOW'S IT WORKING OUT?IT'S GREAT TO HERE FROM YOU!!!ABOUT THIS PRCEDURE,I DID GOGGLE IT AND IT TELLS ABOUT WHAT THEY DO(BURN THE RELATED NERVES CAUSING PAIN)BUT IT REALLY DOES GIVE ANY REAL LIVE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD IT DONE TO TALK TO TO SEE IF THEY HAD ANY IMPROVEMENT AND/OR COMPLICATIONS FROM THE PROCEDURE...ANY WAY I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH MORE OFTEN AND AGAIN IT'S GOOD TO HERE FROM YOU......

I had that done to me for my neck disc. They burnt the nerves in C6, C7 area. I did not find ANY relief although different people have different things done and some work well for others. I actually hated the procedure because my doctor kept me pretty much awake the whole time and only gave me valium. I felt every bit of pain there was when he inserted the rods in the back of my neck.

I had the procedure also on the other side of my neck, but they froze them nerves. I think for me, it was a waste of time and when the doctor put the first four rods in the back of my neck, he then said " &&&&" and I asked what's wrong, and he put the wrong size rods in and had to take them out and repeat the whole procedure again.

I was NOT a happy camper. Matter of fact, my follow up visit I went to see him and told him off and that was the last time I saw him. I guess it even depends on the doctor. OOOps,,,,sorry, I did not realise what i typed there.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Hi Truckster!
I had been wondering where you've been and how you are doing! It's good to hear from youSmile
I'm pretty stable, pain wise...it's always there, but no so i can't get rest. i do have my nights though. I'm still practicing my patience with the WC/IC BS. My lawyer takes care of them...therefore i wait, and wait.....and wait.

They had contacted him again about settlement....then started denying my pain meds again! So, it's your guess as to what they are up to this time.

I'm not familiar with the procedure you mention. But you may want to go to WebMD.com and post on the appropriate site (ie: neurology, cardiac, etc) to ask others about their success and opinions about having it done. That's a great site, and people are very informative...it was a life saver for me after heart surgery as i could talk to people who had been through the same ordeal .
Good luck and prayers to you Truckster! Hope your pain level is nill to tolerable! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RF Lesioning question Manley2 4 3,074 07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Manley2