Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise at Work
Angel,

Your truly deserved this treat. What a wonderful surprise. Love ya girl!

Cajun Hugsssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

monster Wrote:Angel - I am so happy it was a pleasant surprise versus the alternative! Glad you were able to get yourself something nice and dinner to boot...BUT, where is my fried okra, LOL...I ADORE fried okra and I don't do veggies, LMAO Smile

Monster,

When you come to visit me .. I will have the boyfriend fry up a batch just for you, so you can eat to your hearts content !! Well... you may have to share a piece or 2 with my little dog so he won't sit there staring at you with his big brown, pity poor me eyes. ~LOL~But the BF makes THE best fried okra that I have ever had. Not greasy and soggy like in so many restaraunts... heck, I have even been known to eat it cold in the morning it is so good.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Angel...this is great news...I am so happy for you. This speaks volumes about IW's in that you are injured and you are doing a great job even with the obstacles.

Monster...Del makes wonderful fried okra.... just come on to NJ and you will have as much as you want...lol Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Angel, Way to go girl, You have made us proud, and have proved a point, That IWs can do there job. Enjoy your reward.

UndercovrAngel Wrote:
monster Wrote:Angel - I am so happy it was a pleasant surprise versus the alternative! Glad you were able to get yourself something nice and dinner to boot...BUT, where is my fried okra, LOL...I ADORE fried okra and I don't do veggies, LMAO Smile

Monster,

When you come to visit me .. I will have the boyfriend fry up a batch just for you, so you can eat to your hearts content !! Well... you may have to share a piece or 2 with my little dog so he won't sit there staring at you with his big brown, pity poor me eyes. ~LOL~But the BF makes THE best fried okra that I have ever had. Not greasy and soggy like in so many restaraunts... heck, I have even been known to eat it cold in the morning it is so good.

Angel ^j^

That sounds so yummy Smile sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a "me" thread about okra. I'm so happy you got what you earned at work and that you went and bought yourself some treats...you deserve it!!!
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Hey! I LOVE OKRA!

How about someone giving me their great fried okra recipe? I've never fried it.
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Monster.. no worry, I know that it wasn't about you. I just wanted to give you more incentive to come and see your Uncle... and of course... ME!!! ~LOL~

Lilly,
The BF finds okra that is about as long as his fingers... or about 2 to 3 inches long and slices it about 1/3 inch.. and it has to be crunchy when he slices it, or he throws it away. Then he coats it in corn meal with seasonings of salt, pepper and a little season salt and onion powder mixed in. He heats the oil to just boiling when he puts in the first batch (using a deep fryer with a diameter of about 18 inches layered about 2 deep). When it has finished frying, he puts it out in a single layer on about 5 paper towels to drain the oil off. When he is done deep frying it, he heats up a large cast iron skillet (I won't cook in anything but cast iron) with a light coating of pam on it.. just enough to keep the okra from sticking and then cooks it about 5 more minutes over a very low heat. This really makes it crispy. If your like most people.. you don't like soggy okra. Although I will eat pickled okra as well.

For all of the rest of you... I never even thought about the fact that I was an injured worker. Even with the previous injury to my hand. I've never let that stop me from working and doing what I wanted. I hadn't even been aware that there was a contest... was just doing my job and doing what I enjoyed. I love talking with all the different people every day. It's just to bad that the management at Avis isn't as good as their customers.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Thanks angel!

yes, I love soggy okra too...i don't care how it comes, I'll eat it!
but , I'm definitely gonna try your BF's recipe. i never follow a recipe...i usually read it look at ingredients....and do it my way! hehe
Love ya, Thx. LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

ok ladies here is a fried Okra recipe that will do for a whole meal........get a spicy mexican cornbread mix from jiffy mix...rinse and slice okra ,green tomatoes(in chunks),yellow squash and onion.rinse again and roll in corn bread mix fry in hot oil.....hot oil is important or you get fried mush which is good too but if you like it crunchy hot oil is important.....this is awesome and you can sub any veggie you like......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Just a note to say I am praying for things to be well on your end my friend. God Bless and love ya'll!

Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Surprise! MJC 23 6,992 03-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Last Post: red1030
  A nice Little Surprise mel1980 9 3,313 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mel1980