Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't Posted Much Lately......Daughter Recovering From Surgery
It is spring break for us and it has a busy week for my family.

My 17 yr old daughter had surgery earlier this week. She had what
we thought was a birth mark (turns out it wasn't) removed.

This (object) that was removed started growing a couple of months ago and became painful, the doctor said it was "deep" but looked benign, still a biopsy will be done.

School starts Monday and judging from my daughter's recovery I doublt if she will be going all day for the first week.

Been "nurse mom" this week.

Bummer Knees

sorry to hear of your troubles praying everything makes a turn just know you make a good NURSE MOM just take care of yourself dont over doo love ya
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Give Your Daughter My Best, and I'll Talk with You when You have Time to Breathe!!Smile Sounds Like You have Your Hands Full!! Have a Great Day!!Smile

Hi Bummer... you do have your hands full ... give your daughter my best. You are a great mom whether it is a NURSE mom or a FUN mom, or any other role that you must play as the mother of children. I trust that you also taking care of YOU. If you do not take care of you, you cannot take of others... so take care of you, becasue you are so good at taking care of others...love you Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Thanks Still, Sweets, & Red.

I do believe my daughter is feeling better today as she is getting mouthy. She is good about saying what she thinks. We removed the outer dressing today and she had her first shower since surgery.

I have been having some problems this week and I believe it is more than the stress of her surgery.

The nerve pain has gotten quite a bit worse this week. I've been to the store twice this week and the pain was at an 8 before I left the store, spent no more time in the store then I had to. Not doing anything out of the ordinary so I don't know the cause for the increase in pain.

Bummer,
I hope your daughter has an uncomplicated and quick recovery. You need to take it easy while caring for her as well. I hope you both feel better soon.
Love
Vickie

BK....Don't forget nursing yourself too!
I hope your pain level has let up...if not? Get yer behind to MD!

I pray your daughter is well and healed quickly...if she's getting mouthy, she's most likely feeling better!
take care, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

BK....what have they said to you about RSD, have you asked about it?

Hope your daughter is better soon.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Hope and pray all is well with all of you....I know it's hard to try and take it easy, when you have so much going on....try and rest in between as much as possible....

Thank you everyone.

My daughter is still in a lot of pain. She can't do much of anything other then shower and wash her hair, then it wipes her out.

She is a junior in high school and starts back to school Monday, I do not see how she will make it all day.
She is still on Loratab and tomorrow will try tylenol extra strength.

And for me......at this time I am not receiving any medical care for my back or knees. The nerve pain & weakness does continue to get worse and drives me crazy. I had to do a Wal Mart run today and my hubby went with me, he got the groceries at the back of the store and I got the groceries at the front of the store. Couldn't do the walking to shop by myself.

When I had the discogram it showed marked grade 4 disc disruption with leaky disc. I was told last Sept. the nerve pain & weakness would improve with time and that hasn't happened.

I worry about having to cope with the nerve pain and knee replacement at the same time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recovering from shoulder surgery Bummer Knees 3 3,388 07-24-2020, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  So proud of my daughter Bummer Knees 1 2,736 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer for my Daughter lucky 4 3,497 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: lucky
Cool BINGO FINAL DAY IS POSTED chrischris 0 2,467 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Last Post: chrischris
Cool BINGO DAY 14 IS POSTED chrischris 0 2,467 01-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Last Post: chrischris