Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court
HI guys, I haven't been on board for awhile, I've had to make two trips
to Indiana in 5 weeks.  Went back to see my mom as she was terribly sick and the doctor didn't know how long she would make it.  After 10 days she had turned around so everyone said I could go home as it was really hard on me.  I came home on the 18th of April and she passed away on May 6th.  I went back for the funeral with my daughter and stayed a couple extra days with my sister.  She was beautiful and we know that she is in a better place and she went to heaven as an angel.  I got home last Monday and have pneumonia.
I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer them.
1. Has anyone ever gone into a hearing and the Judge open with " I know Joe and if he tells you that he will do something he will do it"  Joe just happens to work for the defense and was replaced on my case right before this Judge was brought in.
2.  Has anyone ever seen the Defense Attorneys standing behind the
Judge throughout a Court hearing.

Thanks Guys

Beecatcher~
I'm terribly sorry about your mother.  I know she will be missed immensely.  I know how it is and words cannot express the sorrow.  I still miss mine after all these years, but as long as I remember her she'll always be near.  So, too, shall yours.

Regarding the defense lawyer...that's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.  Do you have a lawyer?  If so, what did he say?

Beecatcher........My deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother. Wink is right. Never goes away but they are forever in our hearts.

I have to agree. As many times as I have been in court with my husband this sounds bizarre to me also.

CAP

Most administrative law courts have procedures for changing judges or re-assigning cases. If you believe you'll get a more unbiased decision from another judge by all means file for a change.
Workers comp courts are much more informal then civil ones which can be good or bad.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

so sorry to hear about your mother i to know what your going thru i miss moms cooking so bad the smells of certian things is what tears me up pray you get thru this with flying colors just remember all is praying for you thats what i told hubbie he was getting prayers from all over the natoin just close your eyes and feel the love
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Beecatcher

I don't have an answer on the court question.

I wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Bee, I'm very sorry for your loss, and I agree with 1171, if you don't feel comfortable wit the Judge, which I sure wouldn't be, ask for a change. Best of Luck and again, my condolences on your loss!