Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone
really checked into the dems healthcare proposels? Hillarys is mandatory you must BUY it And Obamas is option to buy in do they both really think if we could afford it we wouldn't already have it.And what is there idea of who can afford it....And would we wanna health care system run like WC and HMO's are now ?
I want a health care system that if the doc(who went to school for years) says I need it...but the IC adjuster that crawled outa his hole yesterday says no....I get it....cuz the doc knows what I need...However I also think HMO's and WC should be held accountable and should be sue able if their reports and refusals cause more damages and pain....We need a major healthcare overhaul but until the patient is more important than the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that isnt gonna happen....I understand they should be able to recoup there money and make a living...but 100 dollars for an asprin in a hospital?Come on lets get real...............
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

If we listen to what these people have to say, had to say in the past, and think and measure it, we should also remember the most important issue. Like don't we all know, before that could ever happen, it has to pass through our Congress first. Being that is so, they can say what ever they wish, which could turn out to be meaningless for now. Canada has a great health care system from what I heard.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

yes they do thats why so many of them that have money come over the border to the U.S. get needed surgeries done.....My Daughters in laws from germany came here to get his heart surgery the red tape and waiting list were so long there that he may well have died waiting....Yet he was able to come here use his insurance from germany and get it done...in 2 weeks.......Yep I sure as hell want that kind of health care.....got that from WC and I really want that for my kids....no thanks Bad Boy I dont want or need a "welfare cattle call health care system" What we have sure needs help but more goverment is not gonna fix it....
And your right...We all like to blame Bush for all our troubles but the fact is he did nothing without the approvel of congress with the information from a scaled down low bidder wins military.....

Isn't it so strange. I agree about people coming from over sea to here for health care. But, the strange thing is, I too know a person that has Cancer, no treatment here, he goes over seas for the treatment they won't perform here. It's a very strange world we live in. For the last 12 years now, this person I know, has saved his own life by going over seas. If he didn't he would of passed a long time a go, and been eaten up by such Cancer. If Goverment doesn't step in, the Insurance Companies aren't going to do anything. But then again, it was the Insurance Companies that were Lobbying 4,
8, 12, and 16 years ago to get what they wanted. They did, and look at the position they put us all in now. They same people that allowed everything to take place over the last 15 years, are now willing to fix it?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

many countries that are doing the advanced health care are also in a country that doesnt allow multi million dollar lawsuits so they arent afraid to do more experaments with patients which our FDA wont let them do here...Even when we agree to the experments FDA says no....
Just like Stevia ...it is a natural sweetner plant 1000 times sweeter than sugar completly safe but because you and I could grow it on a window sill and sweet and low would lose millions of dollars with the diet industrie it cannot by FDA order be sold as a sweetner......only as a food supplement......altho most other countries sweeten their diet drinks safely with this product WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS....Goverment is out of control....we need to lesson its effects on our life not increase it

I was watching the News last night. There was a childrens Hospital on, where their trying expermental meds to help kids with cancers. Said part is, these kids are found with no operations or other treatment options. (I would guess, they know, their going to die) These kids Parents, along with these sweet childern, had made a sacrafice to man-kind, to allow their family to experment to help another. There are no Law Suits, and yet is done here in the States.

Hi all... what a conversation jayne that you and bad boy are having. It is very interesting and it is definitely one that should be heard by congress. I agree with what you are both saying and yet I don't completely. First, i was dual citizen in Canada / USA for the first 10 years of my life. I lived in Canada for 3 years...I believe I was 1, 7, and 8 years old. My mother has several sisters that live there and are dual citizens for the two countries. Her sisters will come here to live until they need health care then back to Canada they will go. Rarely is there a complete health care system that works very eveyone, however as we all know, health care doesn't always help individuals, but works toward helping the masses. THat is one reason that IW are not considered too much in congress, they are not a representative of the masses. The health care in Canada is very much like the UK, Japan, and the European countries. They provide healthcare at a much lowers cost per capita, almost half of what the US spends, and yet, the most important concerns are addressed readily. This includes preventative care. These countries have a different outlook on health care than the USA, in that they have attached their beliefs to preventative care. THe USA attempts to pay for treatment or what is called secondary care... urgent care etc. It is much more expensive to pay for something after it happens than to pay for it before it happens. There are concerns with Canada healthcare but not to the extreme that you are referring too. Often when you hear about a rich person coming to the US for care, they are requestly non urgent type of care such as a face lift or wart removal (smile) etc. There are a few that come here for surgery of a gall bladder, or lung care etc. Living in Canada, the one thing I know is that care is categorized based on need. A lipo suction does not rate at the same level as a heart surgery etc. I believe that is more than fair. THe USA on the other hand, has a large percentage of its population that has no healthcare, and yet the hospitals can not turn them away, so they become a liability for the hospital or an indigent that the federal government supplements. This system not only cost the American tax payers tax money but it also raises the cost of health care to recoup the money loss for the non payer customer. I could talk for ever on this subject, it was one of the last subjects that I researched and wrote a 64 page paper on ..as the beginning of my dissertation for my Ph.d back in 2004. This information I found in this research created a real need to go to socialized medicine.... americans tend to want it and want it now... but health care must heed the needs based on urgency of each situation... this is too long... Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I forgot..I just wanted to mention that their are a set of standards for setting up and preforming research especiall when you are working with children in the USA...the standards are different from country to country...and that is something that a person must realize when they are doing critiques of research... Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I am reading about the cost of health care and cancer. Last spring I was diagnosed with a tumor of my T12 vertebra. I sent almost five months going through medical testing to determine if I had cancer. I have BCBS health insurance, a major medical coverage policy.

I could not believe how expensive the cancer test were, I spent $5,000.00 out of pocket in a short time.