Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Section 32 questions
Can you do a section 32 regardless if you are a scheduled loss of use or a permanent partial disability classification? Is a section 32 the way to get the most money?

And how soon after the doctor puts me at MMI should I expect all of this to take place? Once put at MMI will my permanent partial disability checks stop?

Thanks all, I'm just really confused.

Hi Kitty,
I'm just bumping this up for you, so someone who know's can answer your question. i have no idea what a section 32 even is!
I see you are from New York...good girl for putting your state in your profile!!
LillyWink
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Smile 
Lilly Wrote:Hi Kitty,
I'm just bumping this up for you, so someone who know's can answer your question. i have no idea what a section 32 even is!
I see you are from New York...good girl for putting your state in your profile!!
LillyWink

Thanks chickey!

kitty Wrote:Can you do a section 32 regardless if you are a scheduled loss of use or a permanent partial disability classification? Is a section 32 the way to get the most money?

And how soon after the doctor puts me at MMI should I expect all of this to take place? Once put at MMI will my permanent partial disability checks stop?

Thanks all, I'm just really confused.

A section 32 is a settlement in which both parties have to agree with. It can be done at any time. It still has to go in front of the board to be okd, once you and the board approve it. that is it and it is over . Usually a 32 will end all work comp and all medical and you will be paid on what you agreed to. I would not think it would ever be more money though.

Kitty if you are at mmi, I believe you will be going in for your next appointment which is called a SLU(schedule loss of use) in New york there is only so much you can receive per body part. A hand is not the same as an arm, they both have different amount of weeks you will be entitled to. So you need to be clear on where your operation took place.

I had both of my arms operated on.

Is section 32 any different from what others call a settlement? Or is it a different type of settlement? How would a person know if it is something for them and is it for all states?

section 32 refers to New York's work comp law. Other states have their own comp law so "section 32" is unique to New York and meaningless to those from alabama or any other state.
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/..._Sec32.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 705 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NY Section 32 sonny1 5 8,220 08-25-2015, 06:00 PM
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 11,043 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  Settled section 32 but have a question Inpian 19 33,374 10-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  California state disability notice of determination section 2629 kylecalifornia 4 13,481 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  nys section 32 norma 8 15,256 08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Last Post: norma
  unemployment , section 32? tourdaddy 2 3,479 02-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Last Post: lfoster21