Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should WC be paying for my bad back?
So, if anyone can help that would be great, here's the deal...
I live in CA and worked at a job where I injured my back. I went to the doctor and to physical therapy and it all seemed like it went ok. WC paid for everything. However, I no longer work at that place and my back is definitely not what it used to be. Since the original injury, I have had 2 relapses. Each time, I couldn't move for at least a week. Also, each time, I just lay in bed, don't see a doctor, and suffer through it until I can move again. I have tried strengthening my back with excercises I learned at therapy and losing weight, but it seems to me that it's something that just wasn't fixed the first time around. Even though I don't work for that company anymore, am I entitled to have them pay for me to go see the doctor again? I was thinking of getting an MRI b/c it just doesn't seem like this is normal. I'm 25 and can't touch my toes! My back just doesn't bend! Even when I'm not layed out in bed, in pain, I still am not what I used to be.

From what i have read you are entitled to go back for more testing even though you do not work for that company anymore. They did not settle? If you did settle leaving medical open than you can go for more testing if it flared up again. This is just from what i have been reading, and someone else will come along and maybe make this more clear to you. I just know that it does not matter if you work for the same company or not when it flares back up that you are still under that same wc. Good luck, and i hope you get the help you need to get rid of the pain.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

it depends on if the relapses were caused by your old job or not. workers comp covers events and injuries not people. It's not health insurance.
These are medical determinations. You have to have supporting medical opinion. once there are causes other then work involved in your condition work comp will deny liability. When the doctors are clear that the old work activities are the cause of your back problems you might have a chance at workers comp. Get those supporting doctor's opinions in writing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the help. I used to load boxes (anywhere from 10 - 60 lbs). Now I work in an office. So I'm almost 100% positive that it was the old job that did this to my back. And I no longer work with them b/c they closed down. I never settled for anything. I'm sure they are not going to be happy to hear from me Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settled, but insurance not paying past medical HurtingInPA 4 2,812 06-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Stalling paying for approved surgery lagaile 4 3,555 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
  Paying medical bills Ash 3 3,576 06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
  Paying More for Health Benefits HadEnuffAlready 1 2,346 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
  denied workers comp claim, now paying medical bills kylecalifornia 7 20,924 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Last Post: chrischris
Toungue w/c not paying or doing anything samcb1 5 4,619 09-27-2011, 12:48 AM
  WC VS STATE DISABILITY PAYING FOR TIME OFF BACKHURTS 4 6,796 03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Question re. i/c paying for Dr. to do rating. lfoster21 10 8,316 12-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  Old job not paying workman's comp claim Silverthorne 6 7,721 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Last Post: kate
  Paying for IME Bummer Knees 10 6,244 11-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Lilly