Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today Is Call In Day to Kansas Legislators
Today, Feb 27 & tomorrow Feb 28 are call in days to Kansas Legislators.

I posted information on another thread about Call In Day to Kansas Legislators.

A recent decision by the Kansas Supreme Cout effectively elminated disability benefits to severely injured workers has only made it worse for injured workers in Kansas

Kansas has some of the lowest workers compensation benefits in the Nation. There is a lack of vocational rehabilitation training. Insurance company-employed doctors and nurse case managers, huge delays, and frivolous defenses to valid claims make the system impossible to navigate. At the same time insurance companies are enjoying high profits and reaping the benefits while clearly not protecting you, the injured worker.

The Kansas Coalition for Workplace Safety needs your help in raising awareness about the dismal conditions of the work comp system. On February or February 28, call your state representative, state senator and Governor Sebelius and send this short, simple message

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...Get off your duffs and fix
Workers compensation for working families!

To leave this message with your Kansas representative and Kansas state senator, call the toll-free Legislative Hotline: 1-800-432-3924.

To leave this message with the Governor, call: 1-877-579-6757.

To find your legislature: Go to http://www.kslegislature.org

I wanted to follow this up and share with others how my conversation with the governor's office went yesterday, when I posted yesterday I was to tired to share details.

When I called the governor's office and share my story the reception I received was very cold. I don't believe the person was interested in my story and before I gave my name and city I was from this individual tried to end my phone call. Course I made sure my name, address, and phone number was on record.

We have a real problem in Kansas, our govenor was the former insurance commissioner before she became governor of Kansas.

I had been told of this "Attitude Problem" regarding work comp among our state legislators and governor
and now I have seen it first hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can AA or IW call MSA provider casual1 12 9,726 09-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: casual1
  A Casuals Affair?/ Call for Collective Unity injoyslife 1 1,826 08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 21,699 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Receive phone call from request of the governor Bummer Knees 18 11,816 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Dirtydawg69
  MSA Roll Call freebird 18 12,485 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Last Post: freebird
  Today, March 13th Is Call In Day to Kansas Speaker of the House Bummer Knees 1 2,193 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Kansas Injured Workers Send A Strong Message To Legislators Bummer Knees 1 2,544 02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Calling I/C Tomorrow, Any Advice Would Be Helpful Before I Call lip56 14 7,067 05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Last Post: lip56