Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurse case manager
you can hire/employ your own nurse case manager at any time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-18-2010, 09:19 AM)Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote: Bad Boy Bad Boy, wrote:

"You can elect to have the NCM stay out of the exam room while your in there. But, their (sic - they're) allowed to go see the doctor after your (sic - you're) done."  . . . I don't know why your attorney is telling you different."

Bad Boy Bad Boy, you are WRONG

Unless you agree -  a nurse case manager is NOT allowed to go see the doctor after your appointment. Doing that without the patient's consent is an ethical violation and a violation the patient's medical privacy rights under HIPPA.

An insurance ADJUSTER may write to the doctor but must copy the patient with the letter and any response from the doctor.

That's why the person's attorney was "telling him different".

Don't know why YOU are "telling people different" but am wondering if you are an insurance adjuster or perhaps a NCM . . . . . Sad

Rights and obligations vary by state. I personally get rid of the NCM immediately and revoke all authorizations. I also tell my clients that if the NCM shows up at a doctor' appointment they are to politely ask them to leave and make sure the doctor's office knows they are not to discuss the matter with the NCM. I personally do not believe that a NCM has any value to the injured worker.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Just wanted to chime in and say I actually have an awesome NCM. Everyone has warned me about who she works for but she's legit cool. We've developed an actual friendship and I truly trust her. I know that this may be the rare exception, but some NCMs are decent human beings who understand how hard all of this is on the injured. I am sure she has seen her share of people who are looking to work the system and may treat them differently. She is truly the best part of this experience so far and she's been on my side.

Some nurse case managers do help. Have you seen her reports and/or notes about you? This would be one way to really know what she is doing as far as helping or hurting your case. I would still recommend to be careful about what you say top her as she works for the insurance company, not you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 1,563 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 2,487 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hospice nurse new to this process happybalance 9 7,825 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 17,559 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 21,270 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 22,448 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 7,109 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 13,984 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Assistant Manager not sure what to do... Bnkrbv 4 6,028 10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
MyBB Field Csse Manager moregreatfun 5 6,204 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM