Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is covered by wc
state of il questions:

If you are on light duty and working and have Dr appts . I have a couple of questions:

1. can your employer deny you the time off if you have available pto?

2 Is my PTO suppose to get used for this?

I was put on light duty originally and called my employer to notify and I was told they dont offer light duty... so i called the wc adjuster to notify what she had told me (so I could get paid) and then I even called my HR dept. Well, 4 days later I called my adjuster and she told me my employer was considering me a no call no show for work? so i called this lady and told her that she told me not to come in and she said that she did not say this. anyhow, I reported all this to my HR dept....
I then went in for 1 day on light duty and they had no light duty work for me, basically it was just the same work that I always do?
she was coming to my desk to write me up for something bogus . anyhow, I am off now .... thoughts on this?

Call a cert WC lawyer now and ask these questions. usually the first consultation in free. It sounds to me like you are going to need legal help, as they are already trying to screw you over. You need to CYA!
You learned now not to go by anything employer or WC says unless it's in writing right? There are several very informed people on this forum from IL....they will be along shortly to answer your specific questions.
Good luck, & Welcome to our FAB forum! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

workers comp doesn't control pto; it's up to employer as to how and when its used.
no but it's not covered by workers comp.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

First off, you are suppose to ONLY have light duty within your doctors restrictions. That means that your doctor must of sent you back with limited restrictions in order to return. You would not just return and ask them for light duty. Also, when they send you back to work light duty, it is usually only 4 hours a day to begin with to see how you progress.

Something is missing here, and you need to go to the top of this site and look up your state and read , read, read! Your WC should also be paying you if you cannot go to work because the company has no light duty. Check into as much as you can and learn the system now or get a good lawyer for WC. Good luck.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 3,884 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MSA projected Medicare Covered Items casual1 1 2,113 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Last Post: dtails
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 17,641 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Is any on job injury covered by workmans comp? maxpowers 1 2,879 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I covered under WC? JohnC 11 12,714 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cycler
MyBB Help...will this injury be covered under wc? healingnurse 27 17,442 08-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Texas Non-Covered Employer - HELP! 8641 3 3,866 07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: froglett
  quitting, still covered? paintballpunk 3 3,447 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: paintballpunk
  covered while driving to work manlyman 6 12,856 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Still covered ? Brad 3 3,001 12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: AQA