Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it legal to have a friend go to the appt.w/me
Big Grin 
Hi,
First, I got hurt at work but do not have an attorney am I crazy?
Secondly, The QME said that I could not bring in a friend with me to the office visits inside the examination room. I need her to help me understand what the hell this doctors is telling me when I leave. Considering the appt. is only for 10 minutes. The Doctors office called me and said I could not bring a freind into the examination room becasue its against the workers comp. law? Is this correct?
Thanks

The issue of wether or not you need an attorney depends on several different factors.
The workers' compensation laws are different from state to state. If you were to list your state then someone may be able to give you more specific information. As far as not being able to bring a friend in with you, I would THINK that is not true. I have been to several different appointments with my wife and the ncm in the examination room. But once again, it could be state specific.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

baloney. non-english speaking patients are requiired to have interpreters present.
if you are in california contact the medical bureau
" If you have questions about requesting a QME panel, contact the DWC Medical Unit. Reach them by phone at 1-800-794-6900 or by writing to:
Division of Workers’ Compensation Medical Unit
P O Box 71010
Oakland CA 94612"
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the help,
I am in CA. I thought it was way weird when the doctors wife who happens to be the office manager called me (GO Figure) to say that I had to go in alone. I will call the medical Unit for verification. I think the doctor was intimidated by me. Go Figure on that too. This is my first injury at work so I don't want to be stupid.

refuse to go in without someone I did
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:refuse to go in without someone I did

Can I do that? I am afraid he'll write bad stuff in my report. I feel like I'm in the mercy of the doctors orders. If he doesn't like the way I walk, well then maybe I should think about a different career...yea right after 11 years of education and accomidations...BS.
I'm afraid of this quack.

get a lawyer....or listen to 1171......her and I fuss a bit but she knows her stuff about calif
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You can have a Friend with You in the Examination Room if You wish,Also the W/C may send a Nurse to try to attend the Exam,In most States You have the right to deny Them entry until the Exam is over.
Good Luck.

I take my husband to my appointments and in with me to the exam. I am in PA and I wouldn't have it any other way, I want a witness as to what is said. As a geriatric nurse I always go in the rooms with the Dr's if I have time so I can explain to the elderly people what the Dr is saying. An ER DR. once mentioned the word diaphoresis, pronounced (die a for e sis) to a friend of mine who was rushed to the hospital and he went into a panic because he thought he way going to die. The word means excessive sweating.

Get a lawyer!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

if they send a nurse DO NOT let her in the room during the exam.when i got hurt the nurse call work after the exam and my job was posted that day and shes the one that talked to wc about every move that was going to be made.i got the shaft then had to hire a attorny.they are good about not telling the whole story about ur injury and pain and that can really hurt you in the end.good luck and talk to a attorny.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it legal? tinainky 4 845 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Help my friend's daughter with her research kp121 4 862 11-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question First Drs. Appt! How to prep? kp121 4 791 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
  MPN APPT.? FUTURE MED CA. beaverc 2 2,031 07-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MMI Appt for Rating bluewolph13 8 6,679 08-28-2014, 11:31 AM