Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
physician choice
nurse83 Wrote:
BulldawgOnFire Wrote:[/size][size=medium]Has everyone forgotten the one time doctor change that is allowed in most states?? HELLO?? If I am not wrong you have a change allowed so you can get your brother-in-law to another surgeon. It maynot be the one that did his hip but you can ask the IC either for a choice of 3-5 other docs in the ortho surgery field OR you pick a name you have heard or know by reputation and ask the IC if he is in their provider network. I did the latter and LO AND BEHOLD he was. It wasn't as difficult as everyone else is claiming it to be. Good Luck and also check the laws in your state by going online, typing in states name government statutes and look for WC Laws. I had to..it was tedious but worth it and REMEMBER WC is not going to help you navigate the way through..you saw how they treated him w/out parents knowledge.Get an attorney soon.

hey there GA-------I lived in Atlanta and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but my dgt would never forgive me if I didn't say
"GO, GA dawgs, GO; LSU TIGERS ARE ROARING!; ya hear 'em right? SmileSmileSmile

PS--------you gave Pam great advice!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS..SIC 'EM...RUFFRUFFRUFFRUFF! I went to school in Athens & NO Idon't hear those tigers roaring anymore. Thank God a new season is coming and thanks for the atta girl on reply to Pam..my heart goes out to her
RSD..no CURE....but there is HOPE! Go Georgia Bulldogs..RUFF, RUFF, RUFF

BulldawgOnFire Wrote:[/size][size=medium]Has everyone forgotten the one time doctor change that is allowed in most states?? HELLO?? If I am not wrong you have a change allowed so you can get your brother-in-law to another surgeon. It maynot be the one that did his hip but you can ask the IC either for a choice of 3-5 other docs in the ortho surgery field OR you pick a name you have heard or know by reputation and ask the IC if he is in their provider network. I did the latter and LO AND BEHOLD he was. It wasn't as difficult as everyone else is claiming it to be. Good Luck and also check the laws in your state by going online, typing in states name government statutes and look for WC Laws. I had to..it was tedious but worth it and REMEMBER WC is not going to help you navigate the way through..you saw how they treated him w/out parents knowledge.Get an attorney soon.

Iowa law states thet you have to go before the commision to be granted that ....
When you ask If you are lucky like me I got denied so then I could use my insurance and go to who I wanted ....

tweety00 Wrote:

Iowa law states thet you have to go before the commision to be granted that ....
When you ask If you are lucky like me I got denied so then I could use my insurance and go to who I wanted ....
WO..sorry to hear they denied that and I think that its crazy how eachstate is more screwed than the next. I heard Fla. and Cal. are the worst bcause we only have 104 wks. of temp. benes Sorry if I misinformed
RSD..no CURE....but there is HOPE! Go Georgia Bulldogs..RUFF, RUFF, RUFF

BulldawgOnFire Wrote:
tweety00 Wrote:

WO..sorry to hear they denied that and I think that its crazy how eachstate is more screwed than the next. I heard Fla. and Cal. are the worst bcause we only have 104 wks. of temp. benes Sorry if I misinformed

hey bulldawg, don't worry if you misspoke-------that's just one more of the joys of w/c-----each state handles it theirselves; it's not a federal program so the benefits/rules/statues are/can be different for each state...................you've heard of "50 ways to leave your lover" that old song right?................well w/c did a cover of it and added "without even kissing 'em in the morning!"

we all learn from each other here and that's one reason you will see people being asked to post their state when they have questions-------makes a huge difference in the answers!
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME vs Treating physician what now? Stormy 14 18,751 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Stormy
  MPN CHOICE in CALIFORNIA inquiringMIND 7 6,087 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
  mpn docs or attorneys choice? curley2 22 20,151 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I Have Choice? st. clare 9 8,406 03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  physician oaths lostinconnecticut 29 12,593 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Cycler