Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
health ins
Why doesn't WC consider health insurance in when they figure out what we are to be paid. Say if you are making $15.00 per hour and they pay $2.00 per hour for health ins. aren't you really making $17.00 per hour? If this is the case, why doesn't WC pay you as if you were making $17.00 per hour? I consider having my health ins. paid for as part of my wages since I do not have to pay for it.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

You have a good point there Backache, When I was working my employer considered my insurance amoung a few other benifits as part of my wages. Go figure.... But then they don't even want to pay us what we are entitled to (66%) I have never collected one penny from WC, My short term Dissability kicked in and I lucked out and was paid 75% of my wages..... If ya call that luck..............

I know what you mean. They only give you 66% of your wages and then out of that you are suppose to keep up your health ins. and this is not suppose to effect us finacially? I am going to write..........just as soon as my trusty writing staff get done with my letter, and tell everyone this.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

I guess I was luckier than some as my ins through work paid for my injury, as WC at first denied my claim. Then after I was terminated I lost my ins. They offered me Cobra @ $800 a month. Thank god I was already at full retirement age and had medicare to fall back on, for my other non related health problems. Cobra would have taken 1/3 of my benifit. and I would have not been able to keep up. As it was I still had to file BK.

Funny how my employer speaks of our "package" which is salary, health insurance ($1200) monthly, pension, etc. and you are all so right I get 66 2/3 of only the salary protion. Will be out in the cold IF/WHEN I settle I am not eligible for SSD and don't get medicare.

Sad,
CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Insurers Back Coverage for All Regardless of Current Health oblivyous 2 3,254 11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Last Post: oblivyous