Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured nurse.......doctor cancelled spine surgery
Lilly Wrote:Hell YES I'm SEEKING DRUGS (good ones too)....It's called unbearable PAIN!!!! What did they think? She wants to tough it out??!! Pain is enjoyable??
Lilly

Hey Lilly,

ROFLMAO...........i LOVE it--i'm just going to come out with THAT at my next appointment; sure wish I could have come up with that reply at my last quack appointment.....................

wave on with that wand!
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

I would like to give an update on my friend, the injured nurse.
Her mother & son are visiting this week from out of state providing much needed emotional support.

Today is the day she was scheduled for surgery and will likely be an emotional day for her.

Tomorrow my friend has an appointment with her attorney, her mother also an insurance agent will go with her to the appointment.

Last week I posted after the doctor read her MRI he called her into his office and gave her the news that surgery was off. The nerves in her low spine have fused together from inflamation and she now now has a condition called arachroditis which is progressive. Surgery may leave her paralyzed.

bummer,

when i head out to pick up my dgt from practice for the school musical today, i'm going early as the weather has sucked big time here today with bad rain, hail and some tornados nearby............anyway, i will wait in the church for her......(catholic school next to the church) and I intend to light a whole bunch of candles...................one will be for your friend and I will add her to the book of intentions for prayers...........hope that's okay!

You are a GOOD friend BTW
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

Thank you nurse83.

My friend saw her attorney today and he is sending her to a retired neurosurgeon for an evaluation. The wc inssurance co used the same doctor for an IME in December, the IME was in my friends favor.

The attorney wants to make sure the diagnosis is correct.

My friend is on many medications that leaves her very "out-of-it."

Next Monday she will see the ortho that diagnosed her and he will talk to
her about her job, work restrictions, and whether she will be able to work again as a floor nurse.

The attorney encourged my friend to file for social security disability.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trip to Dallas with my friend the injured nurse. Bummer Knees 4 1,726 08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Question on cervical spine Bummer Knees 10 4,123 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  MRI of cervical spine Bummer Knees 4 2,483 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  The transplant has been cancelled Bummer Knees 3 2,018 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Question about CT scan for cervical spine Bummer Knees 7 5,667 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
  Cervical spine Bummer Knees 22 10,187 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
  Never had this happen, cancelled interviews bodybuilder1958 4 3,263 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Questions about the cervical spine Bummer Knees 2 2,303 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
  Another discussion with Dr's nurse bodybuilder1958 1 2,080 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM
  My doctor's opinion....surgery is needed Bummer Knees 17 8,739 09-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958