Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for answers
Sounds like you need someone on your side. I guess if you have a way to obtain appropriate care, you should take it. I'm starting to think of this as the "terrible trio" that is worker's compensation. 1.)injury (especially when untreated) 2.)stress from uncomfortable work environment/or lack of money 3.) pain.
Any one of the above a person can probably cope with, but the three together seem to be a lot to bear. I feel for you, and hope you can find some real help.

First off you need to make an appt with the doctor who put you on restrictions. You need to tell him what is happening and how working is only making you worse. You should be taken out of work till you heal or at least get your pain under control. If they have you on light duty, your company is to follow the doctors orders. IF NOT you should not be there working. You are only going to be aggrivating it worse and noone will care except you and you are the one that is going to suffer for it. When i was put on light duty, it was for 4 hours a day and STRICTLY under the doctors orders. If i was told to do something out of my restrictions i spoke up and called the doctor to go see him.

When you are put on light duty, it is to see how you can function at your job for so many hours a day. If your work is not complying with the doctors orders then you should be out of work collecting until they can find alternate work for you that would not injure you more. BE VERY strict about this, as they cannot do that to you. I also went to my own PC about my wc injury and he was very upset with wc doing such things to me that he took me on for a few months till i was okay with the way wc was handling my case. WC should pay for your PC and make sure when you go to your PC that you tell them it is for WC and they fill out the wc paperwork for you to bring back to your employer.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

sparkey Wrote:First off you need to make an appt with the doctor who put you on restrictions. You need to tell him what is happening and how working is only making you worse. You should be taken out of work till you heal or at least get your pain under control. If they have you on light duty, your company is to follow the doctors orders. IF NOT you should not be there working. You are only going to be aggrivating it worse and noone will care except you and you are the one that is going to suffer for it. When i was put on light duty, it was for 4 hours a day and STRICTLY under the doctors orders. If i was told to do something out of my restrictions i spoke up and called the doctor to go see him.

When you are put on light duty, it is to see how you can function at your job for so many hours a day. If your work is not complying with the doctors orders then you should be out of work collecting until they can find alternate work for you that would not injure you more. BE VERY strict about this, as they cannot do that to you. I also went to my own PC about my wc injury and he was very upset with wc doing such things to me that he took me on for a few months till i was okay with the way wc was handling my case. WC should pay for your PC and make sure when you go to your PC that you tell them it is for WC and they fill out the wc paperwork for you to bring back to your employer.

sparkey,

i appreciate the time you took to reply so thoughtfully. Your reply echoes what I've been thinkiing and makes me determined to not be mistreated because i was injured; as you say no one else is going to care if i hurt myself worse.. it's a big part of why i called in sick for 2 days this week. i'm seeing the dr. tomorrow (the one who put me on restrictions) and hope he responds appropriately. i'm also making an appt to see my own PCP and neurologist.

thanks for your support. this site is overflowing with people who care and it certainly is helping me get thru this.
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

My Opinion Only, but I Agree with Jayne 100%, it's time for a Good w/c certified Attorney to be in Your Corner! By the Sounds of Your Supervisor, You are going to be Pushed to the Limits at Work, Regardless of the Restrictions! You need to Protect Your Health at This Point, and Your Work Place isn't going to Allow that to happen, Your Supervisor is not being too Caring about Your Situation. I Wish You the Very Best, and I Hope things Turn Around!!Wink

nurse83,

i'd be interested to know what the doc said about your restrictions. Hopefully he'll take you off work , or UP the restrictions so you don't have to keep trying to tolerate pain that interferes with your work abilities and emotional state.
LillySmile.
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly Wrote:nurse83,

i'd be interested to know what the doc said about your restrictions. Hopefully he'll take you off work , or UP the restrictions so you don't have to keep trying to tolerate pain that interferes with your work abilities and emotional state.
LillySmile.

thanks lilly how about you just wave your wand and be my fairy godmother..............
nurse83

I'm waving it furiously!!!!!!!!
ZZzzzzwwwing, BAM, BOOM, Poof**** your manager at work has disappeared Wink
Problem partially solved!
I'll keep waving my wand for ALL OF US!! LillyWink

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly Wrote:I'm waving it furiously!!!!!!!!
ZZzzzzwwwing, BAM, BOOM, Poof**** your manager at work has disappeared Wink
Problem partially solved!
I'll keep waving my wand for ALL OF US!! LillyWink

LOL---i can see u waving it and feel it whoosing by---luv it-thanks lillySmile
nurse83

Wopps that was a bog wave Lilly
Or was that just me wishing for them to feel the same !

tweety....wishful thinking Wink
Lilly

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some answers elbowinjury101 1 2,896 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Help need answers Kuku 13 10,394 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Any Answers? dbusic77 14 11,337 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: dbusic77
  Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need answers missmelody 5 5,340 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: missmelody
  Help need answers b8000 4 5,232 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: b8000
  I need some answers. dawnnanette 6 4,656 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Still looking for answers katzdrm 7 4,785 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Need answers katzdrm 9 5,229 10-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Last Post: lfoster21