Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tpm's neck woes continue
Stiffnecked, looks like cages were used? I don't really care for them, but they work. I might suggest what is called a Implanted Bone Stimulator be used next time around. It does help in the healing, and also better help in the fusion taking place. You also might find yourself fighting for the stimulator for it is costly. Your grounds though are solid, for your body proven lack of fusion and needs some help now.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thanks, I wore one of those external bone stimulators for 3 months after the 1st surgery. I guess it didn't work. This is really turning into a major bummer.

Stiffnecked... it looks like my "instrumentation". Last exray showed only 1 fusion taking of the 2. Going for another exray in 3 weeks. If it is still not fused the Neuro may want to do something. My surgery of my C5-7 was back in March of 07.
Best of luck to you and Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

TPM, do you have any pic's you can post? My fusion which was the same as your was 30 months ago. This new surgeon said you should be able to tell within the first 90 days if it was going to fuse or not.

stiffnecked Wrote:TPM, do you have any pic's you can post? My fusion which was the same as your was 30 months ago. This new surgeon said you should be able to tell within the first 90 days if it was going to fuse or not.

Unfortunately I don't Stiffnecked. I was only able to see them at the office. What I saw was one fully filled fusion whereas the other looked like it didn't take at all. The NP said it looked like it started however. He also said another 6 months and if it didn't take they would then consider other options. I go back to the surgeon on Feb 21st
I can show you a picture of my initial surgery but not the latest.
Take care
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Hello again

I went for my MRI and MRA scan as well as a vascular ultrasound test yesterday. As usual I couldn't get them to tell me anything as far as any findings so I'll just have to wait another day. Today I find my left side of my neck VERY sore from the vascular test. Worst ever. I am pretty convinced it is a nerve issue however, at least I hope it is. (at least it will be covered under WC Sad )

I'll keep you posted
Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Got the CT scan results. Neither level fused. Back to square 1. Take it out and start all over. Not a happy camper today......

[Image: ctscan1.jpg]

Stiffnecked
Just when was your surgery? Didn't the follow up ex rays suggest you had a problem fusing? Sad
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Due to legal reason's I can't go into much more detail other than to say the surgery was 28 months ago and I have been seen almost monthly since then and have been been through numerous radiological studies.

Best of luck to you Stiffnecked.
I read somewhere that going in to correct the surgery from the original location may create more scar tissue. If you had an anterior fusion then it may be better to go in from the back. I can't tell you where I read it but you may want to investigate it.

I just received my MRI/MRA results
Brain MRI states:
dyplastic segment of the left middle cerebral artery at the junction of the horizontal portion and insular branches without aneurysm or stenosis

What does this mean?

My Carotid sonogram was fine Big Grin

Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Declared P&S - continue to see PTP w/new restrictions Proud2bme 14 2,989 06-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Proud2bme
Exclamation Do I have to Continue PT if its making my pain worse ? Gabriel's My Angel 7 2,913 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Does WC payments continue after you've reached your MMI TJLindstrom 3 6,057 05-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TJLindstrom
  My MSA Woes..... lucky 2 2,356 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Last Post: lucky
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 5,106 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  I continue to be amazed TripleP 2 3,337 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TripleP
  neck help doubletrouble 10 9,675 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: doubletrouble
Question Doctor Woes-CA ems30 13 6,648 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  the questions continue..... pennilayne 3 2,996 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Last Post: pennilayne
  More back woes tpm 11 4,939 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Last Post: tpm