Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tpm's neck woes continue
Hello everyone
Just to get you up to speed... Had C5-7 fusion back in March of '07. Went back to work driving a tractor trailer in the end of June. Today while driving I had my complete left arm go numb as well as my left side of my face. Being a volly I left work and went down to the FD so I could be looked at. (rule out a heart condition or stroke). all checked out ok. I am waiting for a call back from my Neuro with which I already have a scheduled appointment for Monday. Anyone experience these symtems for a neck injury? I also continue to have bad neck, shoulder, and upper back pain Sad.
I was hoping by working I would get all the "kinks" out but I think it's digressing. I'll see what the doc says and will report back.
This is the first day I had to go home because of the pain. I usually got through the day somehow. at least I have a 3 day weekend to recoup.

Hoping everyone a pain free day
Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Possible Domino affect and C3 might of got a pinched Nerve from all that bouncing around, climbing in and out and such. I'm surprised your Doctor allowed you to return to driving a truck without having perform a DOT Medical?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Hello Bad boy
I did take the DOT medical but as you know it isn't much of a test. Had to have a note from MY doc stating I was OK to drive with Robaxin and Lyrica. I no doubt needed more than 12 weeks after surgery but I would have lost my job if I didn't return when I did.
I hope you are feeling better
Take care and Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Welcome to the club. I had an CT scan 2 weeks ago and it looks like my the screws in C7 are backing out. I had an ACDF C5-6-7 in 8-05. See the neuro next week to figure out what to do next...

Best of luck to you Stiffnecked
I was told re-doing the screws is a fairly quick procedure. Keep us posted
Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Yes, TPM, 12 weeks was a little too soon, I would agree. Your very correct on the DOT, and I'm glad the Doctor wrote you the Wavier or approval to drive.

Stiff, it's not uncommon for a selection of people to have a screw back out. But I had heard it can be replaced, and it's not all that bad to have done neither.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Well I was seen by my Neurologist yesterday. I told him how I was feeling and the numbness in my arms and face that I've been experiencing. He wanted me to start up PT again but I'm having second thoughts about that seeing as I am working and no doubt get enough exercise, plus I always felt worse after a round of PT.
I am now going to have a MRA (?) and MRI of my brain. Also a vascular test to see if I have any restrictions going through my neck. Not sure what this is all about but I'm open to anything at this point. I see my Neurosurgeon next month for ex rays. Sad

Be well everyone
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Hang in there TPM!! I surely Hope all Works Our for You!! Best of Luck!Wink

tpm - I would suggest you rethink PT . I myself am a truck driver who is currently still getting OT , PT , ST , and more for a "buffet" of injuries I recieved injuries that I should not have live through. While they bring on pain now in the long run its a trade off for piece of mind and lack of pains down the road.
Good luck!

Thanks guys. I haven't given up yet but I am getting discouraged Sad

I'll keep you posted

Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Declared P&S - continue to see PTP w/new restrictions Proud2bme 14 940 06-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Proud2bme
Exclamation Do I have to Continue PT if its making my pain worse ? Gabriel's My Angel 7 1,911 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Does WC payments continue after you've reached your MMI TJLindstrom 3 5,443 05-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TJLindstrom
  My MSA Woes..... lucky 2 2,065 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Last Post: lucky
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 4,531 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  I continue to be amazed TripleP 2 2,949 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TripleP
  neck help doubletrouble 10 8,454 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: doubletrouble
Question Doctor Woes-CA ems30 13 5,759 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  the questions continue..... pennilayne 3 2,576 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Last Post: pennilayne
  More back woes tpm 11 4,413 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Last Post: tpm