Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for the group or name of song
looking for oldies song one of the verses or refrain is " no where to run baby no where to hide" can't find it on youtube says no match...
Red lobster used it for a commercial awhile back for the restaurant showing a lobster running for his life....

IF BF were here he could probably tell you, but in the meantime...

RUN CRABBY RUN Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Crabby, that verse sounds so familiar, I am an oldies fan, do you happen to have another line to the song and maybe it will come to me,Thanks halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas sang this song,
Ah Yes the Motown song,s .
I grew up with Motown, I live in Motown, (a suburb of it)
Do a search on Motown music Tab,s.
It will give you the Music Chord,s, as well as the Lyric,s
Actual name of the song is "No where to run"
http://www.chordie.com
On The Road to Recovery

thanks I found it with your help on youtube....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hTOcnocRMg

I found another favorite of theirs...enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vvjdArz...re=related

I couldn't find it on the site you gave me...maybe I was doing something wrong ...it kept telling me "0" on your search...but at least I found it thanks again....

halftrak Wrote:Crabby, that verse sounds so familiar, I am an oldies fan, do you happen to have another line to the song and maybe it will come to me,Thanks halftrak

I was drawing a blank could only think of nowhere to run nowhere to hide and that was it...duh...but found the video I hope you can play it...

grundig Wrote:Martha Reeves and the Vandellas sang this song,
Ah Yes the Motown song,s .
I grew up with Motown, I live in Motown, (a suburb of it)
Do a search on Motown music Tab,s.
It will give you the Music Chord,s, as well as the Lyric,s
Actual name of the song is "No where to run"
http://www.chordie.com

I love the oldies so much especially Motown..since I'm from Chitown...went thru alot of different music but keep going back to the good Ole sounds...I love hearing them on the commercials now adays....brings back so many good memories....
I have to tell you another little story of mine...do you remember the time when Sly and the family stone came to chicago? in the 70's and the riots broke out? well I was down there that day...my day started with me babysitting my Oldest brothers 1st baby girl....when my boyfriend and his friend came over and I decided to go down town with them to see sly and dropped the baby off at my grandmothers across the street and left...well the 3 of us got separated down there it was unbelievable....anyway My Father was the Chief of Police in the southside burbs of Chicago (right on the border) from what I remember he had an all points bulliten out for me....I was fine ...really made it to the train station and went home, but I think I was grounded for life at that time!!!! whew...never got to see them perform...and I was more upset about that then anything else going around me at the time.....so I am a die hard motown person.....just give me the oldies anytime....Now I find myself saying what my parents said about "our music" with today's music....yes I am my parents daughter....I think that's where my oldest brother and I ceased getting along...never did babysit for him ever again.....I wonder why LOL....thanks for listening

Hey grundig I just noticed where you live...home of John Cusack's movie where he was the "hit man" with a conscious...movie was hilarious!!!!! I like him anyway....did you see it by chance?

there is another little story behind "no where to run"...while I was employed...The Chief and Deputy Chief decided we weren't visable enough..being the superiors they think they are...and wrote up a directive to all patrol division that we were to fill out activity sheet with times beginning and ending and where we were and so on and so forth...I never had a problem with it, cuz I got very bored finding a spot to hide and park ....I still don't know how some of the guys did it...I liked driving all over and being visible...So on this morning...after picking up directives and acitivity sheets and such got into my squad and went out patrolling as usual as I began to read this particular memo...the song came on and I keyed up my radio and played it on the frequency...so that day My admin.Sgt. kept trying to find me...he finally did about 5 hours later....and started laughing saying he knew it was me who keyed up on the radio....and that has been a standard joke ever since and holds fond memories for me...the day no one could find me....I got em good.!!!!! I still talk to my former Sgt. every now and then and he bring up that song every time....sorry just reminicing again...I'll be quiet now thanks for listening

AH ~~~Sweet Home Chicago~~~ My Band still Perfornm,s that song on stage,,,,We do a lot of Motown Song,s.
Your Father was a Police Cheif on the south side of Chicago????.
Now that,s GUTSY.
Yep I remember the incedent with Sly and the Family Stone.
I alway,s wanted his hat,But
~~Different Strokes for Different Folk,s and so on and so on~~~~
On The Road to Recovery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Students founds group to promote adapted sports. Bummer Knees 0 1,797 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  the moms song jayne 4 4,002 09-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Last Post: sultanmg
  My dad, the song he used to sing to me bodybuilder1958 3 4,280 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Sadiesmom
  The country song is correct.... backache 15 10,897 01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  This group has helped again!!! Thanks Manley2 6 4,247 12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  eBay Song... ;) Wink 2 2,904 11-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  A New Christmas song Tuffy 5 4,738 11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Tulsa Group Pics sweet tooth 5 4,760 09-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Remember Song Wink 7 6,010 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM