Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
settled today
shall I check the electric hookup outside or do I have a while? Mary says congrads hun she is so happy for you!
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

after the 4th of july,gotta be home for my Daddys 95th birthday party
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Any chance you will be headed north east of ya? Maybe to a place like um um um Michigan lol?

to cold there princess

Jayne...your father is 95 years old. Bless his heart. How is he health wise? Just think of how the world has changed during his life? I love the elderly. I love to sit and talk to them and hear the stories of back in the good ol days and how they use to walk to school etc. What did your dad do as an occupation in his younger years? Did you see the news where a 92 year old man was getting into his car outside a super market and some young man attached him and it was caught on tape. It almost made me ...well lets just say not keep my dinner down...I was so sick over it...I still can't stop thinking about how horrible that was and how can anyone treat anyone much less an elderly person that way. I am sorry...I am on my soap box...remember I worked in Long Term Care...and I loved my residents. I still go to visit them. They are the best.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Daddy lives with my 80 year old mother in their own home....He drives hisself anywhere he wants to go and hates "turtle drivers"he is a speed demon and when pulled over by policemen tell them if I wanted to get there tomorrow I would have started tomorrow.....Daddy was a miner first coal and then borax....he had stomach cancer 40 yrs ago and they gave him 6 mo. to live he told em sorry I got to much to do to die in 6 mo.He and Momma raised 7 of us kids and 2 of my sisters have already passed on...He has lived so long simply cuz he wont give up and lay down.......He takes only a thyroid pill daily.....he eats eggs sausage and biskits every morn....his lunch is whatever the senior citizen lunch center sends down and then dinner is always something fried in lots of grease.....He breaks every rule about eating healthy except he drinks lots and lots of water......when he passes it is going to break my heart into tiny pieces he is my example,my hero,my Idol I love him beyond measure.....he is my Daddy

Not in July its not...80-90 with humidity making it close to 100 if not over on some days. IM not in northern michigan where it doesnt get as warm. Im down south west of the thumb if youre looking at your left hand lol

Red- Was that the 92 year old man from detroit that was attacked? We just had that happen here. I think it was last week sometime.

Jayne....that is so sweet. You dad sounds like someone that would easily be a daughters idol and hero. That is so wonderful. I just about fell out of chair laughing when you made that statement about what he said to a police offier. He has zest for life. It is wonderful. Lets add him to our 9PM prayers.

Princess...did it happen in your area? I thought that was so terrible. I am still just feeling really sick over it. I have such a hard time believing that people can be so cruel. I have seen a lot but I still can't get over it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

my daughter calls him Grampy with an attitude

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  17 years and still not settled tombstonekid 13 13,414 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  settled!! inpainokla 18 16,655 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Case Settled rebel_1961 17 17,853 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Last Post: rebel_1961
  Settled capricorn 16 12,418 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  ITs Done, all settled!! annoyedtodeath 32 17,633 12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Last Post: katicabogar