Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i don't know what to do
Jayne is right, Medical treatment for your hand is what counts. You need to heal first before even thinking of any type of settlement , if at all.

Great advice has been given to you so far; make sure to get the necessary medical treatment; check for the laws specific to your state regarding W/C; I won't go for a lawyer just yet-that's a personal opinion--you may have no need for an attorney BUT if you do decide you need one be choosy in picking one; make sure they're experienced in W/C law and check out reputations of ones you're considering; keeping records IS very important so make notes on everything as soon as possible after it happens; with so much going on it's easy to forget details; and I wouldn't talk to the owners; you may love your job and not wish them any ill will as in not wanting their rates to go up etc, BUT sadly most employers don't really love their employees and won't hesitate to find a way to use anything you initially say against you should this become a complicated case.

Good luck!!
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

Keep copies of everything having to do with w/c

even the restrictions , claim report , everything

First off this is your HAND and your Life. Does your work care if you can ever do that type of work or any kind of work again because of those fingers? Did you lose the whole end of them , bone and all? I am sorta confused in the injury part.

First off like the rest said, you should have your medical paid for by your company. Your company should be aware of what happened to you, as you do not know what the future holds with that injury. Did you lose any time at work? Are you going to need therapy? There is still alot to answer yet, and like everyone said, KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING. You should even be paid mileage, medicine etc from the workers comp. insurance co.

As far as lawyers. I myself have not needed one, and my injury will be a year in a few weeks ,and i am at MMI waiting on my permanent award settlement at this point. Every situation is different as you know. GOod luck and please document it for your own good.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%