Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lest amount of meds
I take lexapro.
It's expensive and yes i believe the MD gets kickbacks from pushing the new meds...but i was told i would only need one med this way...as i needed something for anxiety and depression...the lexapro treats both. i still have my crying jags...but NOTHING like it was.
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Tweety, talk to your pharmacist. There may be some brand of aspirin that comes in liquid form, OTC.

Tylenol comes in Adult liquid and granual form.

Alka-Seltzer Plus Flu Effervescent contains 500 mg. aspirin, plus it will take care of any cold or flu symptoms. Tongue

How does the aspirin work for your pain? It's good if you can get by with as little medication as possible. I took nothing but Advil for the longest time when I was first injured, but it ate my stomach up using it every 2 hrs. for pain.
Let Go, and Let God......

I am on 60mg.of Avinza(Morphine) twice a day.
Helps with the Pain but thats about it.

Tweety,I read somewhere long time ago,if you take half glas of warmer water before you take any med's and half glas after ,that should disolve faster med's and won't hurt your stomach.I'm on heavy med's sometimes work and sometimes not ,perhaps works for you ,good luck!

[/color][quote=Bummer Knees]
I sm doing my best to stay off meds as I don't do well with them.

Loratab (prn) only if needed
flerxeral (prn) only if needed
tylenol extra strength ( I try to get by with only tylenol if I can)

Tiger Balm Pain patches (they work wonders)

Tiger Balm Pain patches . May I ask do they create heat or ? The reason I ask is I have over 40 screws and lots of plates in my hip-pelvis area. I have no give in my left pelvis due to screwed to my sacroiliac joint and all the hardware. So pain is a issue they say I will always have. I take oxy and vicodin daily and hate it. My job requires a lot of driving and bending and twisting. Lawyer says i should go on disability but I am only 39. I dont want that so I took my self off the vicodin and slowly getting off oxy so i can drive. I am always looking for new ways to control my pain. Sorry for the long story, Just asking how good it works. Thanks Mike

bronco- are you on oxycontin 12 hour or the short acting oxycodone that are too impairing to drive? Many people on stable oxycontin have no impairment and drive fine.

Good afternoon all Smile
Im on way to many meds right now. Tramadol , Opana , Zanaflex, Elavil , Lyrica , Tamazepam & Meloxicam . Im hoping to get off ALL meds if the SCS ( spinal cord stimulator implant ) works for me ! I just got approval for a 2nd trial . First trial was a disaster caused by the Dr where i live now. Ill be flying back to NY for the 2nd trial as soon a i can afford it .
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

I started out with TIZANIDINE 3 times a day
Then HYDROCODONE AND ALEVE 4 times a day not helping still have
and now prescribed TRAMADOL 50 mg 4 times a day doesnt seem to help either?
Do any of you know about these meds?and can a person take the tramadol and hydrocones at the same time?Nothing they have given me seems to help.Thanks,Born

[/color]
Cycler Wrote:bronco- are you on oxycontin 12 hour or the short acting oxycodone that are too impairing to drive? Many people on stable oxycontin have no impairment and drive fine.

[color=#000080]Hi Cycler.
Yes I am on the 12 hour and do not feel impaired at all. As for my employer and ic wont let me for lnsurance reasons.

Hi Born,
Unfortuantely I'm familiar with some of your meds. I take the Tramadol(Ultram) 50mgs. 2@4x's/day for pain. My PM Dr. said that is the highest dose allowed (8 per day). I also take Zanaflex 4mgs. 2@2x's/day and 3@bedtime for the muscle spasms.
Cymbalta 60mgs. once a day for the nerve pain. Lodine 500mgs. 2 once a day for inflammation (NSAID). I take Ambien 10mgs @bedtime for sleep(I still don't sleep well). I have a TENS unit that helps, and the heating pad as well. I also have about 5 additional meds for other health problems not related to pain.

With each of my surgeries, I have been given Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Darvacet or some type of narcotic pain med. I was told not to use the other pain meds while using the narcotic ones. Once the pain level lowered and I returned to my regular meds, I was told that I could use a Oxycontin for break thru if needed until the script was empty. Everyone reacts differantly to meds. I would suggest calling either your Dr. or pharmacist and asking about taking the meds. together.

Take care and I hope your Dr. can get the right combination of meds. that helps.
Vickie

borninabarn Wrote:I started out with TIZANIDINE 3 times a day
Then HYDROCODONE AND ALEVE 4 times a day not helping still have
and now prescribed TRAMADOL 50 mg 4 times a day doesnt seem to help either?
Do any of you know about these meds?and can a person take the tramadol and hydrocones at the same time?Nothing they have given me seems to help.Thanks,Born

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unsure in Settlement Amount in CA shell0755 4 786 02-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 2,930 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
  What type of settlement amount should I be looking for? Redtux 2 1,560 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM
  What type of settlement amount should I be asking for? Amirahlove21 7 2,917 01-18-2018, 02:43 PM
  settlement amount Waitingwonderer 7 13,450 08-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  SSDI 1099 using WC offset in tax amount??? vinga 5 6,061 01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  need help to try firguring out settlement amount WhiteRabbit 1 3,932 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 19,406 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Cool mileage amount in Calif captainsuzan 3 5,677 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Settlement Amount stlstorm99 2 5,081 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM