Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lest amount of meds
Ok I seen everyone is on alot of meds .... who isnt ?

Im only on aspirin .... and Hate to even take pills .. they get stuck in my throat

I only take my vitamins and now they have me on Percocet BID, but I only take it when I am unable to get rid of the pain by any other means since it makes me loopy and nauseated.
You may want to put the ASA in pudding or applesauce. That is how I get the people who can't swallow pills to take them.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

I had gotten down to only taking ibuprofen and being able to handle what pain I was still having. Now that I am back to work I am taking the Zanaflex (muscle relaxer) and Hydrocodone or Oxycodone again. Thankfully I have some of each left to get me by til I can get back to the dr.

I sm doing my best to stay off meds as I don't do well with them.

Loratab (prn) only if needed
flerxeral (prn) only if needed
tylenol extra strength ( I try to get by with only tylenol if I can)

Tiger Balm Pain patches (they work wonders)

neurotin (I have a script for and haven't started yet and don't want to)

Bummer? Where do you get the tiger balm patches? I would love to try that on my shoulder and wrist.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help reduce nausea caused by pain pills and muscle relaxers? I am having to take them again and they upset my stomach very badly.

Sparkey

I get them at Wal Mart in the pharmacy, they are over the counter and cost 5 for $3.80.
There also is a Tiger Balm salve, the patches work better for me.

Ksgirl-On ocassion I need to take a Percocet and it really makes me nauseas. The Dr. gave me a med. called Promethazine that I take just before I need a Percocet. It works wonderful and it is a gentle enough medication, that when my daughter was 15 had surgery, they gave it to her for the same reason.

Good luck.

tweety,
This is what i always do with asprin, as it gets stuck in my throat too. First try the coated asprin and if that doesn't work do what i do.
Melt the asprin in a very small (one gulp size) amount of water and drink it. Nasty? YES. But it works faster, doesn't burn a hole in your gut, nor does it get stuck in your throat.
Good luck, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Tweety ,I'm on some meds non-WC related. I take nothing for pain/injuries. I have had a drug interaction too many times, they don't help or they create another health issue for me. Cymbalta was my last one. I loved how it made me feel. Helped a little with the nerve pain but before I even went from 20 mg to 30mg I started to get confused. Couldn't remember where I was going (behind the wheel) , where I put things, had no recollection of conversations I had with family members. So I cry alot now and feel the my life is over but at least I know what I feel now.

CAP Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unsure in Settlement Amount in CA shell0755 4 786 02-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 2,929 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
  What type of settlement amount should I be looking for? Redtux 2 1,560 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM
  What type of settlement amount should I be asking for? Amirahlove21 7 2,917 01-18-2018, 02:43 PM
  settlement amount Waitingwonderer 7 13,450 08-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  SSDI 1099 using WC offset in tax amount??? vinga 5 6,061 01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  need help to try firguring out settlement amount WhiteRabbit 1 3,931 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 19,406 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Cool mileage amount in Calif captainsuzan 3 5,676 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Settlement Amount stlstorm99 2 5,081 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM