Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decisions Made
Red,

All I can say is I am so overwhelmed by only what I read from what you posted I just can't even begin to imagine being in your shoes. So many details and so much involvement with the treatment they are offering you.

I know you are a very intelligent individual and I see you are certainly doing your homework on this treatment. In my heart I feel that you will make a very intelligent decision as to what you feel will be the best thing for you.

I also know that you will have our Prescious Lord standing by you and giving you the guidence that you need. He never fails those that are in need whether it is material things or decisions we have to make in our life. For without his guidence, we are nothing. We do things through his wisdom and the teachings they he gives to us. Just please know that he is beside you all the way.

My prayers for you have been very plentiful lately. I am praying so hard that this hardship will come to an end for you soon. Your family on this forum are all praying really hard for you and we all will stand behind you all the way through your decision and if you choose the treatment we will all be rooting you onward.

Please take care, have faith in Our Precious Lord and through him all things are possible. All my love to you, Dell and your entire family. God Bless you my dear friend.

Loving Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Red>>> Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying always for God to help you make this decision. I'm with you no matter what you decide.

Sparkey.....I am so sorry. My dad was the light of my life also. wouldn't be who I am whithout him.

Love you both,
CAP

Hi all, thank you for all your supportive responses. As soon as I make a true decision on this, I will let you all know. As it stands now, my family is 100% against it. Me, well lets just say, that I do not want to miss a window of opportunity so that is my concern. I have done the novantrone (chemo therapy) for two years, and I have been on the avonex since 1997, and as I said, steriods and I know each other rather well, but this medication is different. Wink thank you for the information. The last one you offered is from the pharmacy company who sells the drug. It is in the education package that I was given. I have a tape and a lot of material that was given to me to read while I was gone. Then I did some research on my own about some questions I had from the material. thank you for taking the time to research and know more about the drug. Love you lots Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Sparkey, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that your father was very special to you. It is obvious in your writing. When a parent has MS, it is really difficult for the children to understand. I was diagnosed on my 40th birthday, but I know based on symptoms that my problems must have started before that age. However, I was really thankful that my children were all getting older and would soon begin their own lives. I have to say, however, I never expected it to happen quit so fast, and I believe that their mother being diagnosed while living in a foreign country had something to do with how fast. For instance, my oldest daugther was already engaged when I was diagnosed, but my youngest daughter was not or my son. I was diagnosed in October 1996, came home to Okinawa after my diagnosis in Jan 1997, my son left for the airforce in jan 1997, my oldest daughter Dawn, married March 6th, my youngest daughter married March 16th. Then my husband and I flew home to the states so I could be discharged from the Navy on May 21, 1997, only to get a call from our son when we were awaiting my discharge on the 22nd that he had married a girl he met in boot camp. So my life changed quickly in just over 6 months. I was diagnosed and was in a wheelchair at that time, three children married, lost my job, and then in June I got a call from Brandi my youngest daughter telling me that she is 2 months pregnant, with guess who, my Alexia. Wow...was that a quick year. When I think back on it, I really believe my kids tried to hurry their lives up due to fear of what was happening to me. I am so thankful that for the most part it has turned out ok and they are all doing great.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well We Made it sweet tooth 10 3,714 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  Made a decisioin Milo 2 1,524 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Milo
  Made it it 49 Manley2 5 3,462 07-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  decisions bodybuilder1958 4 2,443 08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  she made it to ga sweet tooth 6 4,662 04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Made a decision Bummer Knees 15 6,552 01-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  I made a mistake bronco54501 10 4,282 08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Not making good decisions, needs ome help please monster 28 9,611 07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Last Post: monster
  made to go ouchie sweet tooth 10 4,198 04-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Last Post: tweety00