Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
schedule loss of use- please help?
Question 
after my dr sees me for my SLU here in New york, how long before the carrier needs to respond. I tried asking this earlier and had no reply.My injury is 8 months old, I know it doesnt seem very long but I have chosen not to have surgery so the dr. said he can do an SLU appointment.After this appointment I am sure I will have to go to another IME ,but do I have to wait until a year from date of injury?

It depends - for some injuries in NY I think you have to - such as a back injury they want you to wait a year before they do a rating.

well it is not a back injury it is an arm injury,does anyone know if I have to wait the full year or can this get expedited since i have reached MMI and am not going to have surgery, there is nothing else for me to do?

tourdaddy Wrote:well it is not a back injury it is an arm injury,does anyone know if I have to wait the full year or can this get expedited since i have reached MMI and am not going to have surgery, there is nothing else for me to do?

I also had an arm injury, but I live in CT and had 2 big surgeries. My surgeon said that he usually waits a year from date of this type of surgery to reach MMI and then he does a rating. I have just reached MMI, and am waiting for this rating. I am working with an attorney, who said he just mailed a packet with necessary forms to my surgeon. I really believe that it is your doc who determines when you reach MMI.

I have arm/shoulder injury. Considered repetition injury from work. I went to the doctor and he put me at MMI after going through therapy for 7 months, 4x's a week with OT/PT. I talked with a friend of my daughters who works for wc. She told me i could have my rateing before a year. I read everywhere that it had to be a year.

Well, i called the doctors office to set up a rateing in Dec. My injury has not even been a year yet. It will be a year soon the end of this month. I went for my rateing dec.7th and should hear any day now what it was. NO you do not have to wait a year. Go call a doctors office to set up a rateing date. They will tell you to call your adjuster to get a form signed ( forget the name of it) and then they can set the appt.

This has been such a long wait, waiting on my rateing. I am just hopeing it is not a slap in the face, as i lost my career, and have difficulty dressing myself every am. I am in constant pain and cannot even imagine what i will do if it comes back low. Nothing in my mind will even come close to what i have lost from this injury. I wish you the best.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

has anyone had a schedule loss of use for lateral epicondylitis and what percent was it

What is that Tourdaddy?
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

the new york schedule shows the arm worth 312 weeks; so partial use would probably be a portion of that.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So what would it be for a 40% loss and permanent impairment to my right arm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ohio-Employer appeal schedule loss/dr appt brandallee3 8 4,928 05-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ColumbusChiroCntr North
  award (schedule) challenged 1 3,320 09-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Last Post: 1171
  2nd schedule award deborah52 1 3,858 08-18-2013, 09:54 PM
  NY schedule loss of use woodson 3 8,751 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM
  New York computation of schedule loss MLand 5 13,183 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Black Moses
  schedule loss of use? brutal 8 24,024 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM
  Greetings, I'm new here and have a Q re: schedule awards cynthiaanne56 4 9,752 12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Last Post: cynthiaanne56
  Schedule award examination utep99 2 10,917 07-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Last Post: utep99
  Where to check schedule award status mlucca1 1 13,909 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Rolleyes NYS schedule loss of use?? sonny1 3 13,346 01-26-2011, 12:35 PM