Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I got some good news, what do you think?

Wink<<<<<< You are one in a million!

Wink

Wink Wrote:
~~~~[Image: th_fantasy_97.gif][Image: th_avatar_171h.gif][Image: th_fantasy_108.gif]~~~~

Oh Wink that's adorable, thank you so much Smile That brought a huge smile which is much better than any pain med one could ever take. Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Hi, Monster,

SSDI psychologist said when I went for mental evaluation I was "normal" but severely depressed and he felt I wouldn't be able to keep up in the workplace due to my injuries, my age and my depression. I was not evaluated for my physical injuries and despite their own psych doctor's recommendation, they turned me down really quick. SSI caseworker didn't even bother to review my medical records. Denial letter stated I had one surgery on left hand, that's it..in reality, I had five in three years on both hands and I am out of work almost two years now. I know in my state, they turn down 99% of applicants the first time, even those who are half dead, being one of the worst in the country. Maybe your state is better in this regard.
I just appealed for reconsideration with more medical records, but I had to sign a medical release form as they say they can accept originals only. It means they have to order all records and it can take months again.

I do pray that you will be luckier than I was because most of it is pure luck. I also heard it helps if you are over 55 years old..I am getting close to that, hopefully it will help and I win the second round(maybe someone can pray for me, too?).

I also cry a lot and I hate myself for it, because I was always very strong mentally, but I force myself to go out at least once a day. Taking my dog for long walks helps a lot, because I don't think about my depressing situation for a while.

I am going through similar thing as you do..always tired, even when I sleep 8-10 hours a night, but I wake up a lot due to pain in my arms, hands. Now to top it up, my old back pain came back also and both of my knees hurt like hell. I feel my body is shutting down and it scares me being always very athletic and on the go. I get very stiff especially at night or just sitting and get numb all over, even in my face. X-rays show nothing wrong with bones, doesn't even show arthiritis, but I am in lots of pain. I am considering seeing a neurologist and paying for the visit, but I don't know if I can afford if further tests needed.

Regarding working out from home...I know, Medical Transcription is one where you can work from home and pretty much set your own hours and your own work load. If you have a chance to take a 10 month old technical college course it would help you get work in the future at your own pace with decent pay.
Many hospitals outsource this job and have high demand for those who can do it or willing to do it because it is not an easy job, especially if you have to do it full time. Maybe after you get your ssdi you will be able to supplement your income this way..think about it.

I also pray for you and wish you the very best for this new year and beyond.
Kat

Dear Kat,

Thank you so much for letting me know what to expect. I value all of the knowledge and experiences everyone has been through here, I only wish everyone's outcomes were better around here.

Please know that you are in my prayers and that I will pray for your SSI to come through and your pain to lessen.

I am scraping up money to see my neuro next week, then SSI is sending me to the other two docs. I have no idea what the outcome will be but I am trying not to be to optomistic as I don't want to be crushed when they deny it. I figure they will deny the first time and then I will appeal.

Thank you for the info on the Medical Transcription. I have been in college for some time now but unfortunately I don't have access to a course like that unless I drive down to the Palm Springs area. Although not that far from me the cost of gas is prohibitive and I'm afraid I'll fall asleep while driving as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to post. I'm sure that had to increase your pain levels and I really appreciate your honest answers Smile

Be well my friend,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Year Appointment for Husband and Good News Bummer Knees 3 3,062 04-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Falling Down The Stairs IS Never Good News! Bummer Knees 4 3,693 01-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Good news/bad news, hell who knows monster1963 20 8,568 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
  Shoulder news. Good or bad I don't have a clue anymore monster1963 5 3,991 07-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: monster1963
  Good news Bummer Knees 1 2,146 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Update on Todd with good news! Bummer Knees 7 4,536 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
  Kinda good news jayne 4 3,366 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM
  Been Away/Good News UndercovrAngel 5 4,435 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Good news today. bronco54501 13 8,209 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Good news! Good news! Good news! Bummer Knees 6 4,231 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM