Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a Wii
I walked into a wally world after my rehab session this morning insearch of a Wii.Found one still on the shelf. Needless to say , it did not stay there long. Our Christmas shopping is done!!Smile Now we just have to figure out how to hook it up to all the rest of the wiring nightmare behind the entertainment center.
Nothing changes when nothing changes

CD, if you don't mind. Let me know what you think about it. I spoke with my DR. about getting one. He just gave me a goofy look. I have been thinking about getting one, but I am still not sure about how active I have to be to play it.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I will be the first to admit I never have been big on video games but this is a little different. They are more than a thumb workout like other games I've seen. I played my sister-in-law's Wii last summer and was very impressed with it. I only played a short time until I pulled an arm muscle throwing this cartoon cow, but it was a blast.Big Grin I am hoping that it will provide me with some excersize and entertainment. I'll let you know more as time goes by. I sure there are some others on here that already have played them more than I have and might like to share with all of us.

Good for you CD.

Here's a short video of a 6 year old and a 26 year old playing the boxing game together. Wii is for all ages! Notice how much exercise the little girl is getting, compared to if she was just sitting and playing a video game. These interactive games are great, but you do have to be careful. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzbDGtEC...re=related
Let Go, and Let God......

hmmmmmmm wonder if driller will get me a wii to go into the workout room ..... lol I guess I better first decide where I want my TV in there .......... lol

CD...Congratualtions. I searched high and low to get my grandchildren wii for Christmas with no luck. I ended up getting them PS which they love. They're 5 and 8 and I really felt that another year or 2 wouldn't be a problem for them waiting for it. Please let me know all about it. It seems very physical. Since the children already are I was hoping they would sit still and play something Wink

CAP

OMG just watching the way they move their arms so fast made me hurt in pain. I could NEVER move my arm like that to play. I do say it would be good exercise, but that fast i would die. I would like to do a search on the cost of this machine, as my granddaughter is 5yrs old and has sooooooo much energy that this is something she would truely love to have.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sparkey>>>>>.in my area they range from $399 to over $800 depending on what accessories you want with it. The games average about $50 but with some of them as with the Tennis game you will also need to purchase the rackets. I gave up looking for the system for my grandchildren. Then when I started to price everything that went with it knew I couldn't $$$$$$ keep up with it. I hope CD made out better.

CAP

I'm feeling pretty good about myself after seeing the $399 to over $800 price tag in Sparkey's area. I got mine for $250.00 plus taxes.Smile We did spend about another $75 for some accessories and games though. One place we looked at said they might have some by mid January. Some stores said they come in daily and if you happen to be there at the right time you can get one. My daughter picked one up just a few days before Christmas. She just happened to be there as they were putting them out.
Happy New Year to all!!

I saw that Walmart, Kmart, and Amazon.com all sell the basic console for $250, but getting one at this price is another story. All these stores are out online. I think Costco has a good price also, but they are out until the middle of January, as are most stores.

Sparky, the demo is a boxing game, which is very physical. I think I would start with the bowling, but even with that, you can have very sore muscles the next day. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found My Daughter UndercovrAngel 7 6,712 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jayne
  found out where Admin goes on his "days off" jayne 4 3,976 01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Last Post: admin
  I think I found what Jayne dreams about AQA 8 5,034 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
  Found my Tens unit today monster 12 7,698 03-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Last Post: rholmes
  I found someones adjuster AQA 9 5,198 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Last Post: nurse83
  Jayne found this specially for you girlfriend!!!!! CRABBY 3 2,465 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
  Crabby,I found it! bethsha211 10 5,103 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591
  I found new use for baking soda CRABBY 19 7,190 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  I found us more guys to go around ladies.. CRABBY 13 5,512 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ksgirl