Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Reached MMI in Connecticut
jaspell Wrote:Muffy, I have been practicing worker's compensation law in Connecticut since 1986.

The insurance company would have to file a "Form 36" to convert you from TPDto PPD. If the doctors have not stated in writing what your rating is yet, then they probbaly dont have enough info to fill out the form.

In any event, until the Form 36 is approved, you should keep doing the searches just to make sure your checks keep coming. I am happy to go over it with you but it's a bit much for a forum answer.

Call me any time. I am in West Hartford. 860-523-8783.

Jim

muffy43 Wrote:Initial injuries occurred 6/06. I have been getting TPD checks for a few months and have been submitting my job search forms religiously. I saw my docs last week and they both said I was at MMI. No one has told me my specific rating yet. How quickly does this have to happen, and will I get some kind of check? The CT law states that when you reach MMI you are no longer required to do job searches. Does anyone have an answer?

Thank you...you always respond to my questions. You had previously advised me not to change attorneys, as I had already been switched to another attny as my first had a special state appointment and was no longer available. Why do you have the time to answer, when my own attny doesn't? This issue seems to come up frequently in the discussions.

LOL, I have time because I make time. I work very hard to build my practice and doing stuff like this helps (I think). Answering questions on WC forums and just generally being available to clients is good for business. People want more attentiuon from their lawyer, not less.

Some days, I dont have 2 minutes to return phone calls. But most times, I do my best to get back to my clients within 24 hours.

If I can help you I will. Simple as that.

muffy43 Wrote:
jaspell Wrote:Muffy, I have been practicing worker's compensation law in Connecticut since 1986.

The insurance company would have to file a "Form 36" to convert you from TPDto PPD. If the doctors have not stated in writing what your rating is yet, then they probbaly dont have enough info to fill out the form.

In any event, until the Form 36 is approved, you should keep doing the searches just to make sure your checks keep coming. I am happy to go over it with you but it's a bit much for a forum answer.

Call me any time. I am in West Hartford. 860-523-8783.

Jim

muffy43 Wrote:Initial injuries occurred 6/06. I have been getting TPD checks for a few months and have been submitting my job search forms religiously. I saw my docs last week and they both said I was at MMI. No one has told me my specific rating yet. How quickly does this have to happen, and will I get some kind of check? The CT law states that when you reach MMI you are no longer required to do job searches. Does anyone have an answer?

Thank you...you always respond to my questions. You had previously advised me not to change attorneys, as I had already been switched to another attny as my first had a special state appointment and was no longer available. Why do you have the time to answer, when my own attny doesn't? This issue seems to come up frequently in the discussions.

sparkey Wrote:1171, i have been trying to find a packet for NH. Is there anyway you can help me find this? I always seem to get nothing when i do a search.

As for the question about how i got my rating, i did like the occupational doctor that the ic used. He was very sympathetic to my injury and that is why i chose him. If i see that he has given me a low rating due to working for the ic, i will go for a second opinion. I am still waiting on my rating. It should be very soon. I went for it on the 7th of Dec. and from what i was told/read, they have 30 days. We will see what happens. You have to feel comfortable with who you go to for your rating. I did with this doctor.

I'm not sure what you are refering to as a "packet"?

if you are refering to permanent disability information you can start here
http://www.labor.state.nh.us/workers_com....asp?ptype=
and then use the links to the appropriate section of the law
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI...1-A-32.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Jersey I have reached my 400 week benifit what now chrislyn 1 1,066 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about whole body rating conversion in Connecticut Linic0228 1 2,147 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM
  Connecticut - IME/RME getting the results RootsGal 3 4,217 03-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  WC Settlement in Connecticut winginit 12 6,498 08-11-2016, 11:19 AM
  Close out case before MMI reached? seestock 2 2,841 05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Last Post: seestock
  Reached verbal agreement for settlement Judahpraise 1 2,664 01-07-2016, 06:19 PM
  Does WC payments continue after you've reached your MMI TJLindstrom 3 6,319 05-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TJLindstrom
Rolleyes MMI Reached Gunny 0 2,797 09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Gunny
  FL/MD - Reached MMI - PPD - and W/C ended Help? Bolthorn 1 6,215 05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
  IME SAYS I REACHED MMI matrix59 3 6,878 05-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy