Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workharding next on the list
got a call today seems the dr w/c sent me to for a rating is not going to rate me he is sending me to workharding what ever that is I have to be there at 9 in the morin my lawyer said sound like this dr dosnt think im at mmi and he was calling w/c comp will let me know somethink next week
I will do one day at a time no more no less

work harding .... I was sent for that once it was pt so I could do some excercises ..... core strengthing

Kentuckygal

Work hardening varies - it can be intensive PT or it can be working at your job and hour on an hour off until you build up enough stamina to go back to work full time with or without restrictions. I have done both and to tell you the truth - 2 1/2 hours of PT daily is not fun either ........ but it does help in the long run - I think that is one reason that I have my range of motion even though my shoulders are still damaged goods.

KG...work hardening in my case years ago was a blessing. My first injury was 2 lumbar herniations that healed well after 18 months. I went back to my job with no restrictions but it was killing me. My "Office of Vocational Rehab" paid for me to go to work hardening PT. I was there about 90 minutes 3 xs a week and worked hard. Alot of learning to lift probably and as Tweety said , core strenghthening. When I was done each day I felt as if I could run. Could barely walk when I started. It kept me going several years until my next injury. I wish you all the best. Please update me on how it works for you.

CAP

Hi,
My work hardening consisted of an actual job (not at my old workplace, as I was terminated as soon as I reached MMI). I only wish they would have sent me for some PT prior to having to actually work. It was only for six weeks, 4 hrs daily. I ended up having to take breaks every 2 hrs, and tripled my daily pain meds....which tore my stomach up. i was NOT accustomed to standing on my feet/legs for 4 hrs straight.
IMO....they are trying to see if you are physically able to complete the program or not. Good luck to you!
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

ok here is what i learn today the dr w/c sent me to gave me a o rating he says im not at mmi rehab wants to do pt for 25 mins 2 or 3 times a week this will be real pt not just heat and tens unit he said they will start lite and build me up try to get my right leg built back up i feel like finely someone is going to try to help altho the man that check me out didnt know if w/c would agree to do it becouse he didnt know if it would help me get back to work my lawyer said they will start paying me again if I do pt and there dr says im not mmi has anyone ever had w/c dr do this I feel its a good thing because I will now be gettting help
I will do one day at a time no more no less

I really enjoyed going to PT/OT 4 x's a week. It helped me alot. I also liked who i had for this also. You have to like who is doing the PT/OT, and if you are going to be there for so long, it is good to build a relationship with them. They are there to get you better, or at least to a functioning capacity.

I went for 7 months, and now i am at MMI working full time at a new job within restrictions. I really wish i had the time to go back to PT/OT as i feel my shoulder and hand really need it again. I just work 10 hours a day, almost 5 days a week and have no time for it. Thank god i have a TENS unit i can use at home and it really helps when i am in alot of pain, along with my meds. I say, take them up on the PT/OT, and once you are released from that, and get work you should be at MMI. They have to try everything first before they see you are at your maximum medical improvement.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food Bank list for California California_Help 0 354 03-29-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need list of rehab facilities in MI Booklady 0 1,292 02-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Booklady
  Look At My List Of Injuries And Comment ShatteredSurfer 26 13,846 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Milo
Question Released by a doctor not on the MPN list in ca lizdawiz82 4 8,247 09-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Woodlawn
Question MPN LIST FOR CALIFORNIA BACKHURTS 1 10,328 01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  doctor list Florida capbigdaddy 2 3,835 01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Last Post: kate
  ADMIN - whos online list Guest 5 3,902 04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Buddy List Babebahn 7 5,085 04-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jayne