Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Santa did a wonderful thing
Hi all,

The secret santa program for this forum, I believe was mothered by our dear blue monster. She coordinated it and organized it last year from what I remember when I was reading. For me, I usually don't get involved to much in this sort of donation, becasue I am someone who wants to know that the money that I give goes directly to the people who needs it and not to cover administration costs etc. I am so happy that I got involved in this program. What it did for a few people who would not have had a Christmas this year was just beyond wonderful, it was amazing and shows the true meaning of Christmas in everyway. I am so proud of all of you or us, and I am so happy to be a part of this group of people.

First I want you all to know that everything dollar you sent was spent to its fullest. I spent very little on shipping becasue I wanted as much as possible to go out for the needs. I am going to generalize some of the pms I received from the people whose Christmas was more successful becasue of this program.

Everyone sent me a pm when their items arrived. Through out the process I would send each person information on what was coming and I kept track of the shipping progress and would send them copies of this as well. When the items arrived they all sent their heart felt sincere thank yous. I wish I could put in words as they all did in their pms describing how the program has affected their lives especially for their family. One them stated that now their family wants to know more about all of us and this forum that their parent spends time on. One of them described a husband who is very proud looking upon the excitment of their children and their was a tear or two coming from his eyes. One of them states that their children are truly believing in Christmas and its true meaning of giving, not shopping but giving.

Some examples include a son who received a hooded coat, was so happy that he would not be cold anymore when he goes outside. He was even more happy to have a hood on the coat. Then there is a daughter who received two pairs of jeans. She was described as jumping up and down in excitment. Another daughter needed clothes to wear to work. This daughter was so happy when she received her new clothes to work in.

Then there was a family with young children who received something very special from one of you in your packages to them. They recieved a note from santa. Doing this was a very creative and thoughtful thing to do. This cost nothing and yet brought so much happiness to a couple of young children. To the forum member who did it, thank you. You know who you are, and now you know that it did exactly what you knew it would do, bring more excitment for the children ... isn't this what Christmas is about. The giving of one's self.

I heard from the members that received gifts for Christmas that their children were very excited, that they were playing the games, or playing with the dolls etc. One them wrote about her daughter receiving clothes to wear to work and how great it is to see her happiness as she chose one of the outfits sent to her to go to work in. One of them wrote that she is writing through tears of happiness as she is watching her children play. My heart stopped for just a minute and then started beating again, as I pictured this occuring. How wonderful this program is. Again, thank you all so much. Without all of you, it could never have happened. And thank you to all who put their pride in their pockets for awhile for the sake of their children. This is the best Christmas I have ever had, and not because of what I posted on the thread about what did you get for Christmas, but becasue of this program. The real gift is in the giving. And you all allowed me to be a part of it. Thank you so much.

Additionally, some of the families received gift cards to walmart if they had a super walmart for groceries close to wear they lived. The thank you pm's that I received from the people who received gift cards said thank you and how lovely their Christmas dinner was becasue of the gift cards. They stated that they had a Christmas dinner with ham and the trimmings, or turkey and the trimmings. I wish I could write it as they wrote it to me for it always made me cry in happiness and thankfulness that I know all of you.

Again... I sent a full accounting of money in and money out to monster and to spring. I am going to send it also to admin. I just maintained a paper trail for all to know how their money was spent. I believe it was very successful. We did encounter one problem which I am still working on and it is about one of the gift cards received from walmart. Unfortunately when a family tried to use it they said it was empty. My heart broke when I heard of this, and have been working with customer service to make this right to this family. Unfortunately it did not happen before Christmas. The family is very understanding and said that a neighbor brought them some food items for Christmas. I have contacted customer service and we are still working on this. It was paid with my credit card, so the paper trail is easy to follow. Walmart will fix this and then this family will still have the money to do with as they need.

You all are the best... thank you so much for allowing me an opportunity to see Christmas spirit at its best. I love you all and am so thankful to know you.... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red - first off, thank you to you and Spring for doing what I could not this year. You both did a fantastic job and I really appreciate you both taking time to do this especially when your pain levels are high.

Mostly I want to thank you ALL for making this such a success. Success in my book is no longer counted in dollars and cents but from the caring everyone so willingly contributes on this public forum. You have all proven time and time again that when one is down you will all stand by their side until they are able to stand on their own once again Smile

I am SO proud of my forum family, you all give from the heart and unconditionally...my greatest wish for the New Year is that every member of society would come here and see what we have done with the little we have left so that the caring might spread throughout the country. One does not have to be rich in order to share, they only have to open their hearts so the wealth can poor from within.

Thank you for sharing the stories of Christmas day with us Red. How proud I am to call everyone here family Smile

Love,
monster

BTW - here is a link to the Gift Card fiasco at Walmart. There seems to be a glitch in the third party reader. It is the first thing I saw when I logged on this morning and I was dearly hoping that it hadn't affected any of our members here but unfortunately it did. I hope that whoever had problems with their cards that it will be resolved soon and that it did not ruin Christmas day

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/wa...0000000001
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Do you all remember Reds thread from last year?????? It still brings tears to my eyes when reading, We have such a wonderfull group of loving, careing people who give from there hearts. Thank you all for making our Holidays bright, and Red for all your help and support. You are truely a giving person......

if there are some adim cost i will gladly help pay them so that will help get more to the people that can use the help.i am more than happy to do my part.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Hurt, You are such a good person.. This Thread is from last year after Christmas, I was just bumping it up so all could see and remember. But PM Red and ask her if you can help her out. Merry Christmas

Tuffy thanks for finding this thread. I should have used it on the other forum. When I am tired I do not write or express things very well... thanks for doing this. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I want to thank everyone for their part in the Secret Santa Program.

I volunteer for a United Way funded program and do understand the time and energy it takes to make a program like this a success.

Bummer Knees

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking this on again Red. I should have taken it on this year so that you could rest and take care of del. Please call me when you are up to it. I am hoping that you aren't completely worn out and that Del is feeling better.

Love,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A good or bad thing for Todd? Bummer Knees 5 4,176 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? admin 0 1,901 01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: admin
  "Yes, you look wonderful tonight." Wink 0 1,989 10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Wink
  IME could be a good thing Manley2 2 2,784 03-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Shy Jus' gotta love Santa! Wink 0 2,704 12-18-2010, 11:02 PM
  Quick - dummiest thing you've ever done... bodybuilder1958 4 4,368 11-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Last Post: jackgonzalez
  Quick - Most disgusting thing you've ever done? bodybuilder1958 5 5,405 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
  Wonderful weekend jayne 1 2,942 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
  What simple thing can put a smile on your face? bodybuilder1958 2 3,747 10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
  wonderful news jayne 5 4,979 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Last Post: red1030