Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Pisiform Excision..
For all of the regulars here, you may recognize me. The girl hurt at work who had to get her pisiform bone removed? Anyway, it isn't coming along very well and I'm off to get a second opinion tuesday. However, in the meantime, I've been going to therapy 3 times a week. My therapist discovered that in my hand I have very poor circulation. He grips my wrist and I open and close my hand about 30 times.. then when he releases, the blood doesnt fill back up in my hand. Along with that, my scar from my pisiform is very sensitive. Any time it is touched, I get tingling in my pinkie and ring finger. If you push down on the scar putting pressure down, those fingers along with that portion of my hand goes numb. For instance, when I'm writing without my hand brace, the rocking of my hand on the table makes that portion of my hand numb. It's very difficult to write. Have any of you heard anything like this, what could be my problem? It really scares me..

First i have no idea what a phis bone is. It sounds like all the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. Have you ever had the surgery before for that? I have the same problem right now. They are saying it is reaccuring carpal tunnel and cannot re-operate on it.

The way they can tell is if they order a EMG test. They are not 100% accurate, but it is something that can tell them an idea of what is going on with the nerves. Something is being cut off for circulation and it could be in the median nerve area. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

THIS SOUNDS LIKE SCAR TISSUE HAS BUILT UP AROUND THE INCISION SITE AND IS PRESSING ON A NERVE WHEN YOU WRITE,IT COULD ALSO BE CUTTING OFF OR RESTICTING THE BLOOD FLOW TO PARTS OF YOUR HAND...I WOULD RETURN TO THE SURGEON THAT DID THAT PROCEDURE AND TELL HIM ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE HAVING...JUST MY OPINION!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need advice recent WC injury ashleylpn77@gmail.com 3 2,917 03-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  Recent College Grad That Needs Advice motown202 1 2,292 01-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
  recent mmi evaluation striket 1 6,929 12-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Recent post by Lilly lostinconnecticut 4 2,482 01-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Last Post: rholmes
  Pisiform Excision lil_conner23 5 5,697 10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo