Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poor baby
Halftrac, I know this sounds bad, but what I have always done if anyone needs stitches here, is put superglue in it. It works well, and kids kinda think it is cool cause it is superglue. It does sting like hell for about 2 mins though, but after that it is a smooth wound. As it heals, it will push the superglue out. I dunno if you would be willing to try this, but I think maybe such a smooth wund would not be as facinating to pick as. Just a thought, it works here,

Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Sithie, I agree with you. I have had several cuts that probably should have had stitches, but I just clean the cut, hold the skin together and superglue it. From what I have been told, a lot of hospitals use superglue intead of stitches now for a lot of cuts. Sometimes I have to reapply the superglue before I am completely healed, but usually just one good application does it and I swear there is less of a scar than with stitches.

Halftrac, I hope your son is ok. I know I hate to see my girls hurt in any way.

They sell stuff at the pharmacy called " new skin". A girl that i worked with in the lab would always use it on her cuts/wounds. It is on the same idea as the super glue i think, but probably does not have the same chemicals.

Ps. Red, i always liked the " inside of people" also..LOL i loved working in the ER drawing blood.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Halftrak

My son was injuried on a weekend. On Monday I went to his school and visited with his Resource Room Teacher, Reg Ed Teacher and school nurse about his injury.

It was his leg that was injured and the doctor wrote a note that due to his injury he was to be out of physical therapy for the next 3 weeks.
Also wrote a note about the need to change son his wound during
school hours.

Just thought I would share.

Hafltrak - I hope your son heals quickly and his momma too Smile Sometimes it's actually worse on mom and dad then the baby. I'm okay in a crisis (usually) it's afterwards that I freak out. Take care sweetie, he will be fine although I know how difficult it is for you to see him with an ouchie.
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

well, I decided to keep him home today,think I will call his regular doctor to see what he says,if i send him to school and he picks at it, they will call me anyways,I thought about the superglue but unfortunantly, I think he will pick at it too,Once it starts closing up a bit I won't worry so much,Thanks for all your suggestions and comments,love you guys, halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

Half track, When I worked in Peds we used mits on the kids so they could not pull out stitches, tubes etc. You can purchase a pair at most pharmaceys or home health supply stores and he will not be able to pick when you are not there to watch him. They work great. Good luck

Halftrak

I am curious as to how your little guy is doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Birth of new baby Bummer Knees 7 4,518 03-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Baby's Sonogram is today Bummer Knees 5 4,421 10-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Baby Girl PREGNANT! lucky 4 3,943 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: lucky
  Poor Dominick bronco54501 8 5,308 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Birth of a baby during a power outage. bodybuilder1958 2 3,296 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Wink
  My poor sick kitty bodybuilder1958 1 2,403 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Poor Shaelynn jayne 22 10,763 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Poor Fella...LOL! Wink 3 3,070 12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Smile Baby Announcement Tuffy 13 6,959 09-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Last Post: vickinat
Big Grin My new baby! vickinat 29 15,650 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Last Post: vickinat