Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of Medications$$$
Dr's ofice should have the forms, but don't count on it.

I called my local helath dept and they will be mailing me the required form.

This web site has a location where individuals can access information about the program.

http://www.PPARx.org

Bummer Knees..Thank you so much ..I have copied that information. I so remember seeing that on TV. I will check it out.

Monster, Sweet tooth and pooh thank you for your ideas...now I have some things to check out.

Bad Boy..Thank you for the information I will check it all out. I do have to start thinking ahead. It was my Attorney that requested I get the monthy cost of my medications. Thats how I found out how darn expensive they were.

Jayne and Red you both are very lucky to have the Military to fall back on. Jayne please thank your husband for Serving Our Country.  Red also Thank You for Serving Our Country. Red how long have you been out of the Navy. My oldest son is in the Navy. Where you on a ship? Now I am off topic...LOL

Red you quoted me saying  "You said you did not want to keep W/C Insurance and I guess you know why better than I would ever know." Red to be honest...I want wc out of my life..if I thought they would just pay for the medications as the Dr. ordered them I would say that is the way is should be. But wc doesn't work that way...they would most likely keep sending me to thier IME Dr's or who knows what. I just don't want to deal with it. But maybe someone here can tell me...if the settlement papers state all medication must be paid for life. Do they have to leave me alone. I just can't see that happening. If I could have something like that I would do it in a minute. I do not feel that other insurances should have to pay for wc injuries...but what are we to do.Just as your husband is doing. Wc should be paying all his medical and everything for his injury. I need to start another thread...I have more questions. My mind is just racing. And I'm not even close to settlement. Sure wish i could just be done with it. Venting...been doing alot of it lately

Don't forget, go to where you get your medications, and have them give you a print out of last year till up to date on your scripts. Mine shows, the regular cost, discount cost if having insurance, C-pay if any, and then what you pay and so on. They are happy to print it out for you. Mine, all I have to do is call them, and they fax it to me.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Wink 
Hi Spring,

I was contacted by Pfizer and Wyeth (spelling?) drug companies. They required I complete a short form and proof of my income. Now I get free Lipitor, Effexor and one other drug for sleeping (non-narcotic). The drugs are sent to the doctor and he/she gives me a 90 day supply. Each year you have to reapply. I couldn't believe the drug co's actually contacted me (I'm medically indigent and use county health services).
If I didn't have the free meds I would be unable to afford any of them as the 3 drugs would cost $1,000 a month.

When I was working and wasn't yet eligible for insurance, Pfizer gave me a 60% discount. So it depends on your total household income.

Best of luck in talking with the drug reps and hoping you'll have a pain free day.

bluemoon

It is very nice hearing about what the pharmacy company's are doing for people who can't afford their medications. I've heard Montell Williams tell about how to obtain medications from pharmacy's but I guess it never occurred to me that it really worked for some people. I am so glad that it can work. Orignally Montell started this whole process because of his involvement in the MS society and finding out how many people with MS could not afford the medications. However, there are a lot more people who can't afford there medications than people with MS.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

A WORD OF CAUTION

The prescription program I earlier posted about is a free program.
The required form can be obtained from your dr office or local health dept.

Doing a Google search I found internet sites that offer to connect you with a free pharmacy program for a charge.

Below I posted information on the prescription program, RX medications are at no cost to individuals.

Partnership for Prescription Assistance.
http://www.PPARx.org
1-888-477-2669
M-F 8:00AM until 11:00PM(EST)

Spring:
I settled my case last July, I have Medicare A & B and my ex's insurance right now temporarily. I lost my company medical insurance right away, the company took it away. All my medications are currently being paid for by work comp, I am so grateful that i haven't had any trouble ...so far.
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Hi Spring, I understand about not wanting to deal with W/C IC. They are a mess. I don't understand them. They do not fit in my world of fair play at all. I have dealt with a lot of insurance claims through my experience as an administrator and I know that most HMO don't pay timely, but at least they eventually pay if we follow the rules. W/C IC seem to give rules and then they don't follow them if you do. It is a caught 22 if you ask me. I hope you can work this out. Not having insurance to cover your healthcare needs can be devastating. My parents owned 800 acres, that I grew up on, and then the plywood plant were my father worked closed. They lost their healthcare insurance and about two years later my father had two open heart surgeries within a four year time period. They went from owning 800 acres with two homes on it, and more than 500 head of cattle, to having nothing. Now they are living in an inlaw suite in Oregon in my daughters home. My dad still has some land, not much...it is an acre only, but he can have a garden etc. This was so sad to me. It was hard to watch, but his health was the most important.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Spring,
There is also a $4.00 generic drug program at Walmart.....although it may not cover the drugs you need....but possibly some of them.
Search by typing in "Walmart $4.00 drug program"
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Red...Sorry to hear about your Dad and his losses....my Grandfather had the samething...he had insurance but not the right kind...I was so mad at this company that sold the insurance to him...but of course not a darn thing could be done. We as a family were able to keep 5 acres of the farm...the part with house. So atleast they this had a place to live. You are right, it isn't about material things...your fathers health was the most important. I could tell you so many stories from working with the elderly...from insurance companies ripping them off. There should be laws against what they can do to some people. I won't get started on that.

Lilly...Thank you for the walmart idea...we have a walmart about 45 miles away..but they are building one closer...so I called them just to see. They do have one of my medications for $4.00. That's a start..

Bummer Knees Thanks for the caution

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medications compromising covid infections California_Help 1 539 04-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cost to workers of 2012 Reforms 1171 5 1,017 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM
  Be your own advocate with your medications chrischris 5 4,593 01-17-2018, 05:11 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  Cancellation of Medications yyesii209 4 2,265 01-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Cost of total knee replacement Treeburn 10 26,588 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Future medical cost injured man 2 3,335 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: injured man
  Trial Cost Shadow 4 2,938 11-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Shadow
Sad Company negligence cost my index finger bigtruckhank 1 4,707 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  Fraud With Insurance Company Prescription Medications Scaffoldrider 1 5,020 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Cost of Spinal surgery? martin85 10 17,939 04-30-2011, 05:57 PM