Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discogram
I know of several people who have had BOTH done. I had a discogram...it was painful but it was worth the surgeon to see how much damage was in there.
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

tpm Wrote:Hello
I had a discogram of my Cervical spine back in January. The way it was explained to me was a dye is injected into each disk at or near the troubled area. An injection is made in a disk that is thought to be good or alright as a check point. The doctor will not tell you which disc is being inserted but you'll know if it is in fact if it's the troubled one. Pretty much the Doc wants to tell if it is a pain generator. Luckily as loud as you may scream to let him know it hurts, he quickly stops the pressure. Afterward you go for a CT scan to see if the discs are holding the injected fluid.
Worst part was being hog tied and being put in a painful position for the test. My neck had to be stretched so they tied my wrists around my feet and then back up to my other wrist. OUCH!
Turns out my C5-7 generated the pain, my C4-5 didn't have any pain but during the CT scan it showed it leaked all the fluid. In the end I had my C5-7 fused in March and I am still in pain. On my way out right now for my EMG test (3rd one). Talk about pain!
Good luck to you
Be well
Well actually I'm going today, went to the office yesterday for a standard exam (got it backwards Rolleyes)

Would it be OK to take vicodin before my test or will it somehow interfere with it? My Neuro said it was OK but I want to make sure. I am not sure if I'd taken it before my previous tests. Yesterday the Doc who looked over my newest MRI said my openings where the nerves pass through are very small and there may not be anything that can be done at this time. So basically he said the pain I'm feeling now may never go away Sad. we'll see what the EMG shows.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Have a pain free and Happy Thanksgiving

Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

please let us know
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:please let us know

Thanks so much Jayne.

Right now I'll be taking my vicodin before I go Smile unless someone suggests I shouldn't. Sad

Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Doctors office just called at about 2pm and said the appointment had to be canceled for today. Not much notice is it? Will give it a go next Tuesday afternoon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  discogram jayc123 50 38,394 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  another discogram question jayc123 2 3,209 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Help needed with discogram report Bummer Knees 6 5,310 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees