Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing About Me
Red's post "WHo Are We ?? Do We Know ??" got me to thinking. Although we know a great deal about each other, is there something that we have never told about ourselves here on the forum ?? So I thought that I would start off by telling something that I have never revealed before.

I am a published writer on the internet. Anyone that wants to read my story can go here:

http://usads.ms11.net/beck.html

It's really nothing. But something that my boyfriend is proud of me for. I am working on another story that I hope to get published early spring of 2008.

Now it is y'alls turn.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

angel I went there it just shows a pic
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Sorry about that. I tried the link and realized I put in the wrong one. I have gone back and fixed it so the story comes up now.

Angel ^j^

Hi all...still waiting waiting waiting..that is the story of my life, so I turned my computer back on to check this and found this wonderful thread. What can I say to all of you ... I think you know everything about me in terms of what I have done or not done. I talk to much...

Angel...that story is wonderful. I just finished reading it. I am going to read it again tonight once we get somewhere, if we leave..hehehehe... my hubby is so slow... he is just now packing... I tried to do it for him yesterday and he kept saying I will do it .... anyway... we will get there...

Well what can I say about me that you don't alreay know.... oh I know.. When I was in officer indoctination school, we were very busy. We were so busy that usually I was lucky to get 2 - 3 hours a sleep. Where ever we went we had to go in our company's and my company's name was Hotel. My company then was broken down into two plattoons. So the plattoons marched together and yet in separate units. I am a shorty... so what that means is that I was positioned in the last line on the left hand side. Guess where the gunney was... that right, right beside me continually calling.... yo left Rice, yo left Rice... because you see I may be able to paint and play a piano but I never could remember my left from my right....to this day I have to start to write with my right hand to know which one is which.... ok...that is my little bit of information... do not know my left from my right.... never did never will I am sure... Angel yours is much more interesting.. but this is a great thread..love Red

Tuffy I am coming... we will drive all night if we have too...hehehehehe
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red,

~LOL~ I ended up at the end of the line too when in basic. Luckily, with the Navy, the CC (company Commander) was either at the front or middle of the company.

A quick hint to tell right from left .. hold both hands up in front of you with thumbs extending towards each other. The index finger and thumb of the left hand make he letter L for left Big Grin

Angel ^j^

Angel...I was in the Navy...but we were the only company who had a gunney versus the company commander. Were you when I was having trouble with my left versus right..that is great idea... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red

~LMAO~ if I remember right from one of your other posts, you were commissioned and in the service about the same time that I was (81 to 85). If it was after that time, I would have been a housewife and mother, living in Michigan and hating the weather. So even then, I wouldn't have been much help to ya.

Angel ^j^

Angel, that was great. I've always wished that I could write, but I have no imagination and my memory is not all that great for non-fiction. I am a reader and hopefully will always be a reader. Stephen King and non-fiction are my favorites. I don't read a lot of fiction.

I have always had trouble with my left and right too. I used to try the L thing, but I have slight dyslexia. My L's, 3's, 5's, and S's get turned around on me. So I always look at which hand my wedding rings are on to see which hand is the left one.

KS,

I wrote that in a spurt, took me about 4 hours to complete. But then, it is an autobiographical story about my move to TX. So it didn't take much of an imagination to write.

Of course, your idea for telling right from left works too.. that is .. if one is a married woman. Which at this time.. and for some time, I haven't been Tongue . But then, I wear my mother's ring on my right hand, so that would help me out.

Angel ^j^

PS: Looks like we might have some more competition on the trivia board with Sithie ~LOL~

cool angel nice story....I also to this day cant tell left from right and since most jewelry breaks me out in blisters I cant wear a ring for long....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A good or bad thing for Todd? Bummer Knees 5 4,131 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? admin 0 1,881 01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: admin
  IME could be a good thing Manley2 2 2,748 03-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Quick - dummiest thing you've ever done... bodybuilder1958 4 4,338 11-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Last Post: jackgonzalez
  Quick - Most disgusting thing you've ever done? bodybuilder1958 5 5,358 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Wink
  What simple thing can put a smile on your face? bodybuilder1958 2 3,718 10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Secret Santa did a wonderful thing red1030 8 6,715 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Last Post: monster
  Need help with a school thing monster 24 11,531 09-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Last Post: monster
  live chat thing rabidcoyote666 2 3,109 06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Last Post: admin