Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hurt on job
Whoever that doctor is definitly does not have a brain!!! When something like that happens, depending on how bad it is, needs to have REST to heal. If you keep working, lifting with it etc. you could only injure it more. You need a second opinion. This must be a WC doctor, as most of them send you right back to work if they do not see BLOOD........Try to get another doctors opinion before you hurt yourself more. Good luck.

PS,,,,the day my accident happened, the ortho doc threw a brace on my hand and told me to go back to work. It was my dominant hand, and he told me to go back to drawing blood.....DUHHHHHH!
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sparkey
I went to my reg pcpc and had him recomend someone ,now is he covered under WC also or is this out of pocket ?

Tell your employer that you need a 2nd. opinion and also contact the W/C ins. company. Your employer can give you the info if you don't have it. How long ago did the injury happen? How long were you off work for it? Did anyone do an MRI yet? Did you have any physical therapy? Sorry for all the questions, but this might help more people to help you.
Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Vickie

I let the employer know I want a second opinion,and also the WC people ,the injury happened 10/31 /07 and no mri was done ,just 5 x-rays of the shoulder ,I wasn't off work just given light duty (not use rt arm)no physical therapy,I have no pain except when I strighten my arm out my hand goes numb ,and other than the large muscle knot there is no else wrong ,but my question is if I return to work full load ,and the other top one pops off is this considered a pre-exsiseing injury not covered by WC (even though it was weaken by the first one breaking off).what's my recourse .
thanks agian for a;ll the info .

When my accident happened, i was asked from my work if i contacted my primary care because i was upset they put me back to work with a brace and wanted me to still work in pain. They said to contact my primary care and maybe HE could get me to be out of work a few weeks. I went to my primary care doctor and when i went to the receptionist i told her it was a workers comp. accident. They then gave me a paper that the doctor fills out that gets sent back to my work. It is the paper that you have to keep your company informed of what is going on. If you mention it is a wc injury, they would use them forms and ask you what the address is for your IC to directly bill them.

I wanted my primary care doctor to see me as i knew i needed someone that was not a wc doctor to evaluate my injury. I do not trust wc doctors, as they are only after one thing, GET YOU BACK TO WORK.......good luck.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sparkey
I went to my pcp the same day it happen and got a drug test and blood work so they couldn't screw with me that way and I also had him fill out a report .so I'm covered that way ,my main question is what happens if the muscle breaks loose all the way ,is it considered a pre-exsiceeding injury or do they still have to fix it ( even if it breaks loose away from work)

In my opinion it should be covered since it has already been documented. Did the doctor that your Pcp referred you to, say anything about getting you an MRI soon? You may also need an EMG due to the numbness in your hand. Keep us posted.

Take care
Vickie