Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
epidural shot canceled due to IC not responding
Well i was suppose to have my shot tomorrow morning and the doctors office just called and said they have tried time and time again to get authorization for the shot and it's being ignored by the ic . With no pain meds, denied by the ic and now this shot being denied i am in so much pain that i am having problems getting out of bed. I cant wait for social services medicaid to kick ( if i am aproved) in so i can be treated like a human being. The ic also even keeps ignoring me my travel expenses even the one for the IME they sent me to. Every time i call the ic they say the check is in the mail i was going to use that money for food but would be glad to just buy pain meds now. Called my attorney they said they will look into it and get back to me. America the beautiful . It was once !!!!
WORKERS' COMPENSATION NEITHER WORKS NOR COMPENSATES!!!

Tony I'm sorry to hear that you are still getting messed around with...have you talked to your primary doctor..maybe he has some samples of medicine he can give you, or check with walmart they have 4.00 prescriptions there should be a list on internet...or call the pharmacutical company they have patient assistance programs and give free meds...or one more Montel Williams sponsors PPA and they will take your info over phone for all the meds your on and send you the forms the doctor willfill out to get your prescriptions good luck and hang in there it can only get better from here....keep the faith we're all here for you...

Tony
Sorry to hear you are going thru this.
I called my Dr. when they did this to me with appt. and he gave me the medicine I needed.
He said since he had approval for treatment that also included medicine he dispursed from his office. Now I don't have to deal with pharmacies.
If you can't get up don't. We all have those days that the pain is so great we can't move. Don't let it stress you out.
They say it is always darkest before the dawn. Hope you start to feel a little better.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

Oh Tony.....I'm so sorry.
Here's the $4 drug list for Walmart.
My prayers are going up for you at this very moment! LillySmile

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.g...est=120741
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

thanks all for your kind words and the info. The walmart list does not include my meds and to get them you would have had to have one filled there in the past. Still waiting for my attorney to call back if i could just get that travel expense check the ic owes me it would help alot. It seems like the ic will just keep doing this to me for as long as they can. They are trying to break me down. And with no help from the NY WCB they can do what ever they want and they Know it. One day they will get it back two fold. Thanks again all

I am unfamilure with your state laws. I do know that in my state the ic has 72 hours to approve or denie any procedure. I also get a letter stating the rationial behind the decision. I have found that is not always the ic. It is sometimes the Dr. and the office staff.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Tony _ I'm so sorry to hear of this. Our cases seem to be much alike only I am on the 'other' coast. In California there are many doctors who will work on a 'lien' basis. I don't know NY laws but this is something you might want to check into or approach your attorney about. Also here there are pharmacies that will give you meds on a lien basis. There are in both cases some paperwork to be filled out but it is worth the effort. The doctors or pharmacies are not allowed to bill you and if they do it is illegal at least here in California (my understanding because I was accidentally sent a bill by one docs office and the office had a cow when they found out I had received a statement).

Please check into this and also any liability you might have for these charges in case things do not go as they should. In my case it has helped some for the steroid injections that did help my joints quite a bit. I can no longer take pain meds of any kind so I am screwed on that point.

I hope this will help. Please check into, it all they can do is say no.
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Tony
My W/C I/C stopped approving my meds in July and I was paying out of pocket, then found out that AAA has a discount prescription card for members who have prescriptions that aren't covered by thier Ins. One trip to the pharmacy, the savings was more than my yearly AAA dues.
Then my lawyer sent me a brochure for WorkersCompRX, I called the toll free number and they explained that if the Dr. who is ordering the meds. is billing W/C (whether he is being paid or not), that my meds. would be filled at thier pharmacy and sent by DHL to my home, at no cost. The first time I used it, they had me send the prescriptions with a special code so that I didn't pay postage. I recieved the meds. in about 2 days, now all the doctor has to do is fax the scripts to them and keep the originals in his office, and then my meds get shipped to me. They deal with the W/C ins.company, You may want to check if it's available in your state, I'm in Pa. and NY isn't too much of a differance. I believe the website is WorkersCompRX.com, or check if your lawyer is aware of these offers in your area. I know it has helped me also since my compensation was also suspended in July.
Good luck
Vickie

vickinat Wrote:Tony
My W/C I/C stopped approving my meds in July and I was paying out of pocket, then found out that AAA has a discount prescription card for members who have prescriptions that aren't covered by thier Ins. One trip to the pharmacy, the savings was more than my yearly AAA dues.
Then my lawyer sent me a brochure for WorkersCompRX, I called the toll free number and they explained that if the Dr. who is ordering the meds. is billing W/C (whether he is being paid or not), that my meds. would be filled at thier pharmacy and sent by DHL to my home, at no cost. The first time I used it, they had me send the prescriptions with a special code so that I didn't pay postage. I recieved the meds. in about 2 days, now all the doctor has to do is fax the scripts to them and keep the originals in his office, and then my meds get shipped to me. They deal with the W/C ins.company, You may want to check if it's available in your state, I'm in Pa. and NY isn't too much of a differance. I believe the website is WorkersCompRX.com, or check if your lawyer is aware of these offers in your area. I know it has helped me also since my compensation was also suspended in July.
Good luck
Vickie

Thanks for the info vickinat i do not have AAA and i have called WorkersCompRX in the past. New york is not allowed to use that site as a matter of fact the ic's are so strong in New York State that they had a law passed by our Gov that we can only use the Pharmacy of there choice. If you can believe it our Governor and the ic's call it good business. I call it Communism. I wounder who paid them off to get the franchise on that deal

All for them, none for you....same game different players....You know what really irks me, is that we do all that we are suppose to do, follow the rules and reg that they have set up...and yet something as simple as getting a darn prescription is a hurry up and wait game...you have to call your attorney and then he has to file petitions...yada yada...this is just so ridiculous...I wish there was something else I could say but I'm in the same boat as you without a life preserver...we keep running into those darn brick walls.....I don't know about you guys, but I get such headaches from trying to figure out who to call next... or what to do next....it's such a runaround......I'm sorry I'm just really tired right now and fed up with the fight....we don't seem to have any options at all....and no-one listens or cares, and the ones in the positions to help have the attitude " that won't happen to me" ...I'm at a point where I don't care anymore...I'm think I'm gonna throw in the towel...they can have it all if it means that much to them...I just don't have the fight in me anylonger....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical Epidural Gone Wrong Babebahn 7 1,520 01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  PA: doctor cancels PT for home PT, will WC be canceled (also new injury) luckydriver 1 1,026 08-28-2017, 01:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 41,021 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  TN - Flu Shot andrea31419 7 3,778 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
  Epidural Lipomatosis hurt back 1 3,154 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
  Had first Epidural last week, got another surprise! bagpussinamerica 0 3,569 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Emg/Epidural jamboski73 6 7,180 07-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Epidural jamboski73 6 6,899 02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Last Post: jamboski73
  Responding to 1171 concerning Not Being at MMI lefty 2 2,448 01-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Work Hardening canceled, Epidural ordered jamboski73 9 14,084 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: jamboski73