Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need everyone's opinion
I am about to get an impairment rating.If I get the first one,I know that I can not accept it and get another one. I haven't gotten a lawyer because I have had surgeries,meds.etc.Is there a reason why I should get a lawyer after my first impairment rating? It seems as thogh I would just be giving him or her a portion of my money that I don't need to,but I know there are people here on the board with a lot more experience than my self on this subject.
I am from Texas.
Thanks Bethsha211

Bethsha

I think it depends on every case - if the IC has been fair to you - then most times you may not need an attorney - yet at the same time if you feel that you aren't getting a fair shake then you need one.

There are lots of cases that settle without an attorney just because the IC has been fair to the IW all the way through. If they will allow you to get a 2nd IME and then you can go from there and see how things go before you need an attorney then I would say go for it. Dallas is very informative when it comes to TX WC issues. Maybe she will pop up and give you some insite.

I know she would say no lawyer at least for now,was just trying to get an overall opinion.
Thanks for yours,Bethsha211

Bethsha, since you are already having problems with your adjuster and he's mesing with your check, it may not be a bad idea to call a couple of lawyers and talk to them. Good luck!

Yes, I don't know of any and don't see any listed for this area and nothing comes up on this board for lawyers here.If anyone knows of any in Austin Texas please let me know.
Thanks,Bethsha211

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Sec...entID=2490
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171,stffnecked, y'all are great!
Bethsha211