Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found new use for baking soda
Well all I can say is thank goodness I purchased a big box of baking soda after reading badboys thread on bacteria etc...yesterday, I had made my breakfast, and forgot to turn off the front burner (it was on low) and I didn't see the flame, so after eating my breakfast, I placed the items I usually store on the burners...two boxes of rags in a box and hugh thick plastic container holding my teabags...then I got busy doing things around the house here...when I walked into the kitchen and the box of rags were ablaze and so was the plastic container...instead of panicking (thank god, I kept my wits)must be my former police training (something good came of it) grabbed the box of baking soda and emptied it on the blaze, put it out immediately and then I put all three items in the sink and sprayed with water.....what a mess tho, but I cleaned it up right away and can't tell anything happend...except the one burner grate I had to throw out because the plastic was melted so badly on it....so thank you bad boy for posting...it could have been a lot worse....

Glad you are okay and that we are not having boiled crab for din din Smile I guess that would have been fried crab, but then I never heard of fried crab. So happy you are okay and that your kitchen and house survived Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Baking soda is also good for grease fires , say from frying pans etc and an open box in the frig for absorbing odors. Fast thinking on your part as we did not need a Crispy Crabby. LOL

LOL Tuffy, no we don't need any crispy crabby's...that was a good one Tuffy Smile You have Krispy Kreme's on your brain huh???
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Alright you too....fried crispy crabby...I didn't even think that one up...good ones girls....I've heard and had fried lobster tho...and it is really good....don't want to try it on myself tho LOL....must be the meds I'm on...maybe I grabbed the wrong bottle andtook valium or something, cuz I was as cool as a cuccumber...why am I always talking ab out food...I must of starved in another life....LOL

Monster , Ya I have that craving again.LOL and Crabby Food is good as long as ya just talk about it. ROFL

whew...I was getting worried there...I know you don't live to far from me tuffy....(got meat)? LOL

I thought that was ( Got Milk ) I,am originaly a CHEESE HEAD.

They deep fry soft shelled crabs. As sweet as crabby is, I'd say she's a soft shelled crabby! Stay away from the deep fryer Crabby!

By the way, I'm glad you kept your wits and didn't lose yourself or the house!

I have to leave this one alone.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found My Daughter UndercovrAngel 7 6,499 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jayne
  found out where Admin goes on his "days off" jayne 4 3,842 01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Last Post: admin
  baking question for Still Tuffy 21 7,027 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  I think I found what Jayne dreams about AQA 8 4,897 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
  Found my Tens unit today monster 12 7,497 03-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Last Post: rholmes
  I found someones adjuster AQA 9 5,022 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Last Post: nurse83
  Jayne found this specially for you girlfriend!!!!! CRABBY 3 2,386 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
  Found a Wii collateraldamage5591 11 5,089 01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591
  Crabby,I found it! bethsha211 10 4,938 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591
  I found us more guys to go around ladies.. CRABBY 13 5,348 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ksgirl