Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need answers
Question 
Hi I live in Idaho and was hurt on the job about a year ago, I went in for a MRI and found out I had a back injuring. I went to all the doc appointment and physical therapy. But do to family issues I became unable to go to appointments. soon after I was fired. I had never had a work comp claim befor and had no idea what need to be done so when they sent me a letter saying that they would no longer take care of any doctor visits I figured I was screwed and on my own with no insurance. But I have lived with the pain since and it is only getting worse. what do I? Or is there any thing I can do? I was told that they had to have me do a sign off or a settlement or something. bacicaily that they could not just write me off. But honestly I dont Know what to do I just need answers or at least a point in the right direction. I dont want money I want to stop being in pain I have 7 wonderful children and a husband that just want me back(out of pain and active again) Please if any one can help I would be so greatful. Thanks

Katz what state are you in all states have different laws. Do you have an attorney? And no they can not just write you off even though you have been fired it's the i/c you are dealing with not the employer. HOW LONG has it been since you last saw a doctor it is not to late to restart your claim. Y ou need to either call the insurance co. and find you claims adjuster or find an attorney to get the ball rolling. And you really need to get to a doctor without treatment and sometimes with treatment you only get worst. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but OnCE INJURED and with 7 children you may suffer back problems for the rest of your life, some good days and some bad ones at least thats how my life has been since my back injury. It can be devastating to think that you will have pain and problems for the rest of your life and that is how we slip into depression. I just want you to take your time and concentrate on getting better.

Prayers be with you and hopefullly someone will be here that can help you better.

RH

Smile
I'm not clear whether you were on workers' comp originally or not?
the time limits are different if you are filing for the first time now.
If you had a claim then i'd advise contacting the old carrier and see about re-activating the claim.
If you have never filed then you will probably need to litigate and at that point it really is about a settlement. 99% of the time litigation is resolved by settlement rather then providing benefits and treatment especially since it'd be a retroactive filing.
Rolleyes
Here's the Idaho state website
http://www.iic.idaho.gov/
the information may help you decide.
while an atty is not required most don't want to spend the time and energy to learn how to do it themselves.
Shy
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi Katz, I see you posted you are from Idaho I am too. Sorry but I am not to good with all the wc stuff but there are alot people here that are very knowledgeable...but you really need to give more details...Like when was the injury.. was your injury accepted by wc...like do you have a claim number...are you still being treated for the injury...just give lots of details.. And someone can give you alot more help in what you need to do. I am in Southern Idaho...what part of Idaho are you in? Welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear about your back injury. I have about the same thing going on and also don't know what to do. I have gone to all of my appointments, but they have just taken my regular insurance away from me, after stating they would not do this. i am on WC. If I were you I would get a new lawyer. Please don't get depressed, being a nurse I know this will only increase your pain, it is one side effect of depression. If you allow them to beat you down you will only get worse. Don't sign anything until you have a good lawyer. backache
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

Sad 
Lets see if this info can help you help me. When the injury happen the they (my employers) did all the workmans comp stuff. I just went to the doc appointments and therapy. I realy was stupid about the whole work comp thing. So after I was fired i cont. to go to all the appt. till do to family issues I could no longer go, about a month after i stopped going I recieved a letter from workmans comp that stated that because i had not gone to my apptm. the were no longer going to cover me. The letter was vague and honestly with my own personal probs I just figured i was screwed. Honestly i dont even know who the carier or work comp was. I feel pretty stupid and lost now. I dint know the truth and was in to much physical and emotion pain to fight.

KAtz - do you still have any of the paperwork that you received from the WC company. On that paper should be your clami or case number, the name of the adjuster and a phone number. I alos believe you should take whatever paperwork you have and try to find an attorney to help you with this. It is important to keep all of your paperwork, but please try and find an attorney who can sort this out for you.
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

You may be ale to get the claim number and company name by requestion your medical info.. After all some one was paying the bill.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I don't know if this is true in Idaho, but I know I was told that if I missed an appnt. without rescheduling it, they could legally drop me. I hope this is not the case for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some answers elbowinjury101 1 2,546 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Help need answers Kuku 13 8,670 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Any Answers? dbusic77 14 9,584 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: dbusic77
  Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need answers missmelody 5 4,744 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: missmelody
  Help need answers b8000 4 4,680 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: b8000
  I need some answers. dawnnanette 6 4,184 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  looking for answers nurse83 20 8,377 01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Still looking for answers katzdrm 7 4,231 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo