Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for advise as to how to proceed. My husband has repetitive motion injuires in both of his arms (painter) that require surgury. His employer is refusing to file a claim for him with workmans comp. We have been trying to get him to do something for 2 months. We have been paying for office visit copays and for specialist services on our own. We have medical insurance that will cover after we pay a $1000 deductable. Not to even mention the lost time from work. Our out of pocket expenses are climbing. His employer will not even meet us half way on the deductable. Are there options out there that we can try ?

Thank you for any advise

Yes. You can Contact the Bureau of Workers Compensation Yourself, and let them know of Your Situation, and File on Your Own. By the Sounds of things, You may want to Contact a Few w/c Certified Attorneys, the First Consultation is usually Free, and choose One to Help you with Your Situation. It seems Your Husbands Employer does not want Help in this situation, and You may need the extra Help! Best of Luck, and I Hope this Helps!!Wink
each state has their own laws and resources -- without knowing yours I can't give a specific answer.

This is usually the behavior of an employer that is illegally uninsured. You should contact your state's work comp office. Many have websites where coverage can be checked. Usually there is an uninsursed employers fund to pay the claims in these cases.
many states require the employer to post insurance information. If so contact the carrier directly.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
Having read all of the replies, what happens to the poor soul who discovers that he isn't covered by insurance because the employer lied and said that they had it? Is that a situation where the injured worker can sue?

I know that my employer did have insurance, and the paper work was displayed in a properly seen area..........but she did not actually file for the accident herself until I was out of work for a week and told her I had no options but to go to w/c to get care. Even then I filed alone at first and the employer didn't actually do anything until several days later. She had the insurance. I think she was hoping that I wouldn't file.
Bags good question since I also had to file my own claim ... even after I was taken off work ... I think they just get their hands spanked .. You lucky had paperwork seen inside the building

Nothing at my place but I hear from others here that its a tiny fine for them .
Funny How Now they are using the w/c system now and changed a bunch of things around ..
All after me have gotten coverage and settlement but for some reason They must want my butt lol(Maybe its the huge ass that they like )
Sorry got to make fun of myself sometimes !Smile
Some of us have very nice bums and THAT pisses them off. Just can't wait to find a reason to kick......hard.
some states allow civil suit against uninsured employers others have special funds to pay claims and others have both
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
Yes I understand that 1171 but Iowa law IF I read it right states that you can do either .... not both .
So IF im right once I filed the w/c claim Then I lost that right to civil suit? Correct

I get the feeling you think that maybe I could still sue .. Or is it the pain in my mind like doctors keep saying lol
One word of wisdom....SAVE ALL your receipts from your doctor visits, meds etc....so in the end you can get reimbursed.
File the claim yourself & good luck.
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
In addition to civil action, some states also provide for criminal penalties if an employer fails to carry WC insurance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  claims gaucli 1 3,234 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  new to nc w/c claims chesterbud 1 3,583 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Claims pirate50 5 5,054 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Last Post: kate
  other disability claims Jaeden03 4 3,941 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Last Post: 1171
  wc claims zest4life 4 3,903 09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Last Post: 1171

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)