Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost afraid and confused
I see that there are so many of us that have been done wrong by these so called Doctors bought and paid for by the Ic's. They are the criminals not the injured workers. In New york i hear these so called IME docs make 300 - 500 $ a person they see for 5 min and do not even examine. Why would they say you have a injury ? if they did the IC would not send anyone to see them. My Ic is even worse they sent me to there place of choice for the MRI when it came back disk bulge they said oh no we cant have that so then they sent me to this fraud of a doc who said without even looking you have no disk bulge. When i told him i was wearing a lido-cane patch he asked me to remove it i taught he was going to examine my back at that time then he said throw it in the garbage pail we are done. I walked out with my mouth open in shock. This Doc is the true criminal not us. And all because of this so called doc i have used all my money i have saved and don't know where to go next. I called a pain management doc today and made an appointment for back shots for pain as per my rehab doc but i don't think he will be-able to help Ic will say no to the shots. I am also calling me state assemblyman right now to see if he can speed things up down at WCB. but i am afraid that might back fire and they will get made at me for contacting him and deny my claim. Will keep you all updated. Thanks Tony
WORKERS' COMPENSATION NEITHER WORKS NOR COMPENSATES!!!

rony hang in there i have similiar injurys like you except i didnt fall i have bulging discs and numbness all the way down my left arm and hand...Luckily now they arent deny me medical or monitery benefits but hang in there and do whatever you have to do to survive keep on going ..I hope everthing works out for you

rholmes I am so sorry to hear that your company is trying to this to you with only one more year to go. is there no vesting with your company ? I mean you have the time just not the age or the other way around ? after all the years you put in to a pension plan with them i am sure there is somehting to be worked out. Good Luck Tony
WORKERS' COMPENSATION NEITHER WORKS NOR COMPENSATES!!!

tony47 Wrote:rholmes I am so sorry to hear that your company is trying to this to you with only one more year to go. is there no vesting with your company ? I mean you have the time just not the age or the other way around ? after all the years you put in to a pension plan with them i am sure there is somehting to be worked out. Good Luck Tony
Thanks Tony,

Yes I am vested, but in my union contract you only get what you put in if you don't go the full term and no I don't have the age. So that means I would loose 2/3 of my retirement most options would be taken away in other words i would be screwed.Even if I took a medical retirement I would get 1/3 of the weekly benifits and my medical insurance would drop down from lifetime to 2 1/2 years see my point? They stand to save a whole lot of money if they can get rid of me before October of 2008. My attorney is suppose to be depoing the AME that gave me the 15 minute(if that much) exam and ask him how did he make his decision in hopes he will amend his report and let me return to work. Right now things could be a lot worst for me at least they are giving me w/c benifits for now but you know how they are they can stop that at any time.

Good luck to you Tony and keep fighting,,, Did you check into State dis.? or w/c appeal board or ssd? take good care of yourself and God bless you.

RH

We are sorry to hear about your situation. The company where you are working must give you medical benefits. I am sure it is in the law and especially if your accident is work related.

wheelchair van

Acero Wrote:We are sorry to hear you about your hard situation. The company where you are working must give some medical benefits. It seems that they didn't do that.

your thought is good even though after 3 yrs tony may no longer be checking for a response
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

just a word of hope--i too went to the same ime twice--he really did not disagree with my condition just that it was not related to the accident--it was enough to get workcomp to stop my ttd--however, the arbritrator ruled in the favor of my doctors opinion. even though this ime was highly qualified the arbritrator put more "weight of evidence" with my doctors
good luck---the arbritrators see this all the time and know what goes on
the ime's appt is w/comp stepping stone do be able to discontinue your benefits--make you poor so you will settle for less--they just hope you dont continue to trial
stay strong--and get what you deserve

cheers!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss won't file WC for hubby and I am afraid to do it... hellokitty 3 5,209 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Afraid to shovel snow. buddy8836 10 6,630 12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Last Post: AQA