Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California /MSA
Questions for 1171
The IC is trying to settle my case unfortunately they are trying to include extra body parts that they denied though my claim and also submitted to CMS. However my attorney thought that was appropriate I on the hand said absolutely not .
Is this the normal with IC ? I understand that the IC tries to make sure that they are covered so that the injured worker doesn't come back and open another claim,but really after they have denied so many body parts and yet they want to include them.

Thanks in advance

Yes, it’s normal for carrier to include as many disputed issues as possible.
Its common for denied claims to be settled/included well as disputed issues on accepted claims.
The court also prefers that a settlement wrapsup all potential litigation. If theres to be a trial, then try all the issues. If its to settle, then settle all issues. Piecemeal ligation is inefficient.
They should be kicking in $$ for each issue that is bought out.
Your atty or any other atty is unlikely to want to handle additional litigation on unincluded claims.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171, the IC I thought was trying to be shady about adding body parts that they denied early on and when they submitted my MSA they included a letter stating that they weren't responsible for said body parts,but here I am trying to get some of the body parts removed from the settlement documents. It's like the want to include the whole body, I won't let that happen, it seems so wrong! !
Thanks Again

1171, do you know is the complete settlement documents sent to CMS ? Or only what's in the MSA ? Just wondering how that works. Because of all the extra body parts thier trying to add ...

Thanks

as far as I know only the MSA and medicals are required by CMS; there is really no need for CMS to review various proposed agreements.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.