Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign release when settling future medical in CA?
First time here and I want to thank everyone in advance for any advice I may receive!
I suffered an injury in 2009 in California and settled my case a few years later with future medical. As of late the insurance company and myself have been in negotiations for a compromise and release of my future medical.
I'm aware of the medicare set aside, but last I heard the insurance companies lawyers wanted to get this done without a set aside. The last thing I received was a form the lawyers want me to sign that's titled "Authorization and Consent to Release, Use and Disclose protected Health Information.". Four years after my injury I was put on ssdi and this form would release all information having to do with social security, lots of health records that have nothing to do with this case!
Lastly, this was a back, neck and shoulder injury to which I've had two back surgeries to date and a shoulder surgery and at some point may need a fusion. I also moved from California and have had a hell of a time getting treatment I'm entitled too but have been somewhat successful. Is this form they sent me required to get a compromise and release done as they stated? Thanks again! And I will update as things progress!

I assume you have legal representation.
Not Legally required for a C&R .
But then again they are not required to offer you a C&R so they may not want to without it.
You can limit release by date or doctor or body part. They should have all the mdical information concerning the comp claim they are settling.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

At this time I represent myself! I relocated from the state of California to a neighboring state and that is when my attorney and I parted ways. The insurance companies lawyers contacted me with a desire to settle my future medical but they are asking me to release ALL of my medical records and I'm just confused as to why they would need any information that is not directly related to my injury! I've asked them why they are requesting this and I get no response!

They may want to find out if you had similar problems prior to the work injury.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California: Release of medical information Form Babebahn 1 1,359 09-21-2020, 11:44 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about settling tritonman 5 1,592 02-05-2020, 01:01 PM
Last Post: DrakeFrst
  Settling at 100% IW2020 6 1,571 01-14-2020, 02:29 PM
  New claim in Massachusetts, do I sign Medical Authorization Release Form??? spoe.eops 3 1,194 05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 9,485 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  The future Dasrock 1 940 07-20-2018, 09:30 PM
  Insurance Co. Settlement Future Medical Questions Solin 3 2,960 03-23-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Solin
  Settlement for future medical questions Allboys 2 3,125 01-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Allboys
  Settling Attorney liens CA injured worker cainjuredworker15 8 4,834 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA-Settling "Lifetime Medical" SickOfTheProcess 8 21,632 12-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: California_Help