Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California
On the voucher, they want me to spend my money for whatever I need and then reimburse me ,told me attorney that's not happening, they don't pay enough for me to be able to do that...just saying that it seems like it's a joke with the vouchers

Thanks again

They tried giving it out in dollars but very few spent it for training or used it to help them get aNother job.
For the most part incentivizing retraining has been a bust.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171, yes I can see that the voucher system is a bust ! It's really unfortunate that one must fight the system to go to school or get some new skills. .. I find it interesting that once I signed for future medical, all of a sudden the voucher was made available and yet the future medical isn't enough, I'm waiting to see what Medicare will say sense it's a MSA and there's not enough for back surgery or neck ,only hand surgery and it's a low number. .. but we just keep pushing forward in a broken system. ..

Thanks Again

(10-07-2020, 12:05 PM)Flippingfran Wrote: 1171, yes I can see that the voucher system is a bust ! It's really unfortunate that one must fight the system to go to school or get some new skills. .. I find it interesting that once I signed for future medical, all of a sudden the voucher was made available and yet the future medical isn't enough, I'm waiting to see what Medicare will say sense it's a MSA and there's not enough for back surgery or neck ,only hand surgery and it's a low number. .. but we just keep pushing forward in a broken system. ..

Thanks Again

If Medicare approves it then Medicare should pick up your treatment after it is exhausted. Sometimes a large MSA means less settlement monies. Getting a large MSA in my opinion mainly helps Medicare. JMO
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.