Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC California
1171 or California_Help :
Could you explain the voucher program ,I've read about it and yet my attorney is saying something different, so does a case have to be settled before the voucher is available or can you get it while the case is in negotiations?
Does a judge have to sign off or because I'm already P&S does that get a pass so to speak?

Thanks in advance

For injuries on or after Jan. 1, 2013, the employer Has 60 days from receipt by the claims administrator of the Physician’s Return-to-Work & Voucher Report to make an offer of regular, modified, or alternative work. After that a voucher should be sent to you by the claims adjuster.
Settlement is not a trigger for voucher issuance.
You can file for dispute resolution with the AD if you disagree with how the process was handled.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

P.s.
You can email the DWC for help
DWCSJDBinquiries@dir.ca.gov
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you as always
Much appreciated

(09-30-2020, 07:26 PM)Flippingfran Wrote: 1171
Thank you as always
Much appreciated
This stuff is way too complicated for most With serious injuries to plow thru.
They made It so That almost All have to have an atty and even then A lot gets messed up. But then most of the legislators are attys. What a coincidence....?!
Be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Flipping från did you reach out to your employer about accommodating your restrictions and if you can return to work? If they are not allowing you to return to work I would definitely pursue the voucher. After you receive that voucher there is another voucher you can apply for, so there are 2 vouchers totaling $11,000. in benefits.

I agree with 1171.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Did I understand correctly that if you used the voucher, then you will not be taken back to work? I met earlier information that you can return to your previous job even after receiving a voucher.

Incorrect.
The voucher Eligibility is triggered by the timing of an offer of modified work by the employer.
There is no prohibition of working for the employer.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

P.S.
It is somewhat rare that an employer will pay permanent disability $$$ and job displacement benefits and still be willing to put a worker back on the payroll.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 and California_Help, I just got the first voucher and of course it says that my employer can't offer me my job back ,I've been on PD payments since January and have 170 weeks left on that .. this whole voucher is such a joke and I'm still dealing with the MSA issues also ..but yes the system is a broken one for sure .thankfully this forum is here to help and guide. .I haven't seen where there's another voucher, could you send me the link or let me know where to look.

Thanks